First off, is this not the most manly/adorable cake you have ever seen?? I am so proud of my husband. Last week we were watching Ace of Cakes (a hard core cake decorating show) on TV and got all fired up to create our own frosted masterpiece. We brainstormed a bunch and finally came up with an idea we didn't think would be too hard. Then when it came down to making it the next day, Matt took over and would hardly let me do a thing! I just sat on the couch like the lazy pregnant lump that I am while he created this thing of sugary awesomeness. He let me help a little with the assembly, but that's about it. He baked it, carved it into a hat shape, made the frosting, rolled out the fondant, mixed in the color, placed it perfectly on the cake, formed the letters, and cut out the fierce skull and cross bones. I took it to my baby shower the next morning and it was a hit with the ward women. What a man, eh?!
Speaking of baby showers, I have to publicly thank my wonderful friends for making mine totally awesome. Thanks to everyone for coming and for the great gifts! Mardee, Morgan, and Sarajane -- you girls are the best! You threw a killer party. It was definitely a fun day and I really appreciate all the work you did to make it special. Hooray for babies and great friends!
6 comments:
Awesome. That's really all that can be said. Awesome.
Way to go Matt! Very impressive, I had no idea you were a pro-caker!
This is totally amazing! I am supper impressed! P.s. we finally have our own blog(as of like yesterday): daneandbridgetsmith.blogspot.com
luv you guys!!!
Wow, Matt, I am soooo impressed! Great husbands cook... if I do say so myself. That's why I married mine! haha.
Wow...that has to be the coolest homemade cake I have ever seen! Awesome!
WOW. Matt goes in the husband hall of fame for this.
Post a Comment