Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to the Motherland

It may have seemed like our family dropped off the face of the earth once Joshua was born. We apologize for that. Life has been pretty crazy. Here's what's been going on.

Matt was able to take a few weeks off for paternity leave, which was so nice! We have loved having him at home. After that, he had a week of computer-based training, meaning he didn't have to go in to the office. Since his consulting project in San Ramon ended right before we had the baby, Matt has been looking for a new project. From home. :) We got a little tired of spending all day every day in our hot little apartment, so we've spent a few weeks in Redding visiting my family.

For those of you who don't already know, Matt is a consultant for Accenture. Basically, it's a firm that sends employees to different clients all over the country for temporary projects to help improve their companies. Matt's been holding out for a role in Arizona, and yesterday we FINALLY got the 100% OK from Freeport-McMoRan in Phoenix. We'll be heading out there next weekend, since the role starts on August 25th. Not quite sure when we'll move all our stuff out of our apartment in Walnut Creek, but it will be some time before our lease ends in October.

Besides landing a job in Matt's favorite place in the world, he also recently got a promotion, a raise, and totally rocked the GMAT. As if that wasn't enough excitement, my sister got engaged, Matt's dad was sworn in as a Federal Judge, and of course our first baby was born. Needless to say, it has been an AMAZING summer! We are so blessed.

For the next little while we'll be packing up our apartment, working on business school applications, trying not to melt in Arizona, and figuring out how to get our baby to sleep through the night. We will certainly miss all our good friends in the Bay Area. It has been a great place to live, but now it's time for our next adventure.

Here are some updated pictures of the little guy....






11 comments:

Jody said...

Wahoo! Congratulations! I'm just a little jealous that you're returning to the motherland. But, I'm happy that I'll be able to see you guys whenever I come down to visit my parents. Hopefully I will meet Joshua by Christmas. :)

Matt, once you're settled at Freeport-McMoran, make sure swing up to my dad's office and tell him hi sometime. And that's awesome about your dad, too.

Have a good move! See you soon!

jenny.hawkes said...

We are so excited that you're moving back to AZ!! Joshua is so cute!!

Mardee Rae said...

What a seriously great summer. I love you guys. And I love little Joshua, I esp. love that he looks so concerned in all the pictures of him. He seems to have some serious doubts about the competency of those around him! I don't. You guys are great.

Sarah McM said...

Congrats on all the zillion changes this summer! Have fun in Arizona.

PS I love the little black and white outfit. Uber trendy.

Amy said...

We are going to miss you guys! Let us know when you need help with all of the moving!

Littleshortstacks said...

Oh my gosh! You have such a cute baby. I'm so happy things are going amazingly well for you guys! Congrats to you and Matt, as well as to your sister!

Gina said...

Thanks : ) Joshua is so precious and sweet. How long will you guys be in Arizona? It would be nice to see you sometime soon! I can't believe Melissa is getting married in a few weeks. I really wish we could be there.

Mardee Rae said...

Uh, remember us? Your devoted fans? We're sick of waiting for more pics of the manchild and for more words from the two of you. PLEASE! And I want to see pics of Melissa's wedding, if you are taking requests. We're sad we missed. And Cadence has been naming her dollies, "Baby Joshua".

Mimi said...

Wow Mardee. I hope those dollies are GI Joes or Ken dolls, because baby Joshua is not a cutesie little pig-tailed girl! Still, that's really cute. We miss you guys like crazy. We still don't have internet at our house so bear with us a little longer and we'll get an update going.

Unknown said...

More pics! I want to see your little guy getting bigger! How was Melissa's wedding? I heard it was so nice. Where did she go on her honeymoon? And where will they be living?

Mimi said...

Hey Gina! Yes, Melissa's wedding was beautiful and the reception was really fun. They went to a resort in San Luis Obispo for their honeymoon, since they both had to be back to work on Wednesday (new jobs). They live in San Jose, CA. I'll put up pictures as soon as my dad sends them to me!