Monday, September 27, 2010

What's wrong with me?!?

Have a looksie at some of the lovely messages I've texted to my husband over the last several months...

I'm eating spaghetti at 11 a.m. Does that make you want to barf? Because it's the only thing that makes me NOT want to barf right now.

I'm trying to make food before I pass out. Give me a minute.

I'm pretty sure I could pump some milk right now. At least some colostrum.

I'm so tired of being hungry all the time!!!

I feel like a blob.

Cinnamon rolls for lunch if you want to come home. :)

You don't love me? You don't love me at all.

My body hates me right now.

I just made myself some mac and cheese. Been craving it since 4 this morning.

Been on the couch all day. Can't decide what to do.

Maybe we should adopt the rest of our kids.

So those are pretty much the reasons I've been neglecting this blog lately. I've been tired and sick and emotional and obsessed/disgusted with food. And I've been afraid of spilling my little secret before we survived the riskiest period of pregnancy. We're finally in the second trimester! And I'm starting to feel better little by little. 


This was the ultrasound at 11 weeks. The big oval is the body, the little oval is the head, and you can see two little arms reaching up toward the face. Like it's rubbing its little eyes. So cute! Now at 15 weeks, the baby is about 4 inches long and weighs 2.5 ounces. I can't wait to start feeling her/him move! Aaack!!!

So there you go. Snowbaby #2 is on the way at last! Coming to a computer screen near you around March 21st.

12 comments:

jenny.hawkes said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!!! Right when I saw you commented on my blog this morning, I thought, "Mimi posted a blog! Mimi's announcing she's pregnant! YES!" So, so happy. I'm announcing your news from the pulpit at church the Sunday after next. No, I don't really consider it your announcement to make... really, it's mine. Obviously.

Obsessed/disgusted with food! haha--exactly. HOORAY! I love Snow babies!

Jody said...

YAAAAAAAY! Congratulations to your family! Wow, you made it 15 weeks without spilling the beans! That's admirable.

Glad to hear you're slowly starting to feel better. I was there myself just a couple weeks ago. It's the worst, isn't it? Especially when you have a toddler you're taking care of, too. Ugh.

March is a great month for a baby! And due on the first day of spring, no less! Oh man, I'm an so excited for you guys! Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm expecting regular updates and belly shots, of course. :)

Congrats, again!

Megan said...

Yay! Congratulations! We are so happy for you.

Sarah McM said...

Yay yay yay for the Snow family!!! Can't wait to see Josh as a big brother!

Carina said...

I am so excited to see another cute Snow. I am sorry it has been a bit rough so far. Hopefully things start to calm down a bit for you...just in time for you to become so uncomfortable. It's a good thing we know that it is all worth it in the end. :)

Mardee Rae said...

BAHHHHH! (I guess that was a big gust of air, like an excited one...)

Yay! So happy for you guys, even though it's hard right now. So, do you think it's a girl, and that's why you are feeling so much worse this time? Or are you just more honest about how crappy it is to be preggers this time? :) In anycase, I wish you all the joys of the second trimester. We miss little Josh (and the other Snows, too)!

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

yay! CONGRATS! we're preggers together! :)

Sara said...

Yay!!! I love this news! We were sitting in bed and Ryan's like did we know that Matt and Mimi were pregnant?! And I'm like Noooooo! So so happy for you guys!

Littleshortstacks said...

I had a feeling I'd be seeing a post like this soon...CONGRATS! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl (as I'm sure you can't either)!

Did you get our announcement?

Amy said...

Congratulations Matt and Mimi! Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or a girl. Yay for more cousins!

Janelle said...

How exciting! Congratulations Mimi!!