Sunday, December 04, 2011

Salon de Mateo

I have posts waiting in the queue, almost finished and ready to share. But this little event from last night was just too funny not to post immediately.

At almost nine months of age, my little Jude got his first haircut! He had been sporting a pretty bad "do" for a while. Matt called it a comb-over. I sometimes called it a reverse culdesac because it was longest straight down the middle coming down over his forehead. But whatever the name, it was just messy. Here are some "before" pictures for comparison.



Remember Josh at this age? Definitely not as much hair, but he developed a similar problem until I finally gave in and buzzed his at 20 months.

 Josh 9 months

12 months

16 months

20 months

Okay, back to Jude.... So Matt got out the clippers, while I held the baby and the camera. I can't decide what part of this video I like better -- Jude constantly trying to see the clippers and turning his head to watch so they couldn't actually make contact with his hair, or his constant squirming on my lap that caused him to sink little by little between my legs until he eventually slid right down to the floor. 


He is a little peach fuzz head now, and I love it! 
Now Matt calls him Widow's Peak.


Need another video to get the full "after" effect? Okay fine.


2 comments:

Nortorious said...

Wicked snot bubble!! Parenting paparazzi awesomeness!!
Oh, haircut is cute too.
But seriously. That was a serious snot bubble.

Sarah McM said...

I love these videos! Squirmy Jude and Josh the baker in the post above make me want to visit Midland! (Or Midvale Midtown... whatever you city is called.)