Monday, November 26, 2012

Grandma to the Rescue

I recently had the busiest week I can remember. I suddenly had a million things to do every day, errands to run, babysitters to coordinate, meetings to arrange, a very crowded little day planner. Taking care of children is a full time job in itself, but add the following, and your brain might explode:

six piano lessons,
a co-op day in Josh's classroom,
parent teacher conference,
three dentist appointments,
Bible study,
volleyball practice,
volleyball game,
pumpkin carving date with friends,
Josh's gymnastics,
preschool scheduling/parent committee responsibilities,
birthday cards to send out, 
trick-or-treating,
library books due,
book group coordination,
visiting teaching x4,
a friend's birthday party,
husband leaving town for a four-day business trip,
not to mention the new church calling I recently received that required me to lead a presidency meeting, attend a stake leadership meeting, somehow fill 15-ish primary positions immediately, and arrange everything for a baptism that weekend.

My body actually had a physical breakdown and got sick at the end of the week, but it was nice to be forced to rest.

I realize that what I just described might not even compare to some of your average weeks, but for me...yeah, I was gonna explode all over. Brains and guts everywhere.

But...BUT...


It just so happens that my fairy godmother-in-law had scheduled a trip to visit her grandsons that very week. What are the chances?? She was able to make my life one thousand times easier by serving as my 24/7 babysitter, my laundry fairy, my child bather, my dishwasher, and my therapist, among other things. She basically kept me from a mental breakdown that week. The timing couldn't have been more perfect, or the company more delightful.



Grandma Cheri, we cannot thank you enough. I know you might feel like The Help when you're here, but please don't stop visiting! We love you to pieces!

No comments: