Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Something New: Weeks 48 and 49


November 25 -- Used Josh's dragon snowman kit. Grandma Cheri sent it to us last year and we didn't get a chance to use it with so little snow. Cutest snow animal ever!


November 26 -- Tried to create a Christmas medley on the piano. My mom wants me to play in church when I go home and it's been a long while since I performed. I still get stage fright.

Novmeber 27 -- Made some delicious Mexican mole for dinner with the missionaries. It's Matt's recipe, but I did it by myself this time.

November 28 -- Bought a Weebles Wobble toy on Craigslist for Jude for Christmas. I'd never played with Weebles before, even though I knew their song. The boys are now obsessed!

November 29 -- Saw Breaking Dawn Part 2 with some friends. It was the first Twilight movie I actually really liked! And I think Matt will even like it too! Sad that they finally got it right, and now the movies are over.


November 30 -- Received some new clothes in the mail that I ordered from Hurley. Love Cyber Monday sales!

December 1 -- Tried making an Olive Garden type Zupa Toscana. It was seriously delicious. I only regret not making bread sticks! (If you want to try it, I left out the bacon drippings and the whipping cream, and it was still amazing. Matt ate almost the whole pot himself.)

December 2 -- I would tell you a really exciting thing about today, but it would ruin somebody's Christmas present, so I won't. Something sort of boring I did for the first time today was fill out a weekly TV diary for a mail-in survey. They paid us $30 to do it. Easy money.

December 3 -- Went to help clean up our church's enormous nativity exhibit. They had 1800 people come through this year in only three days! Also, I tried tortilla lime crusted tilapia, and I actually really liked it. Look at me, eating slimy fish like a grown up!

December 4 -- Finally completed Youth Protection Training online with my husband so we can be more familiar with Scouts for our church service.

December 5 -- Made a cranberry chocolate fudge cake with all the leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. I don't usually like fruit mixed with chocolate, but this was reeeeally good.

December 6 -- Looked through some new Bible study books to help my group decide which study we'll do next. We're going to read a book called Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I think it's just what I need right now.


December 7 -- Made something cute and special with Josh that I won't mention because, again, it will ruin another Christmas present for one of the five people who actually read my blog.

December 8 -- Learned about Advent from a friend who used to be Lutheran. They have a kind of  cool tradition with their wreath of candles. I also ordered some new glasses because we have too much money left in our flex spending health account, and we have to use it or lose it by March! Too bad I can't get my wisdom teeth out again...

1 comment:

The Conquistador of Chaos said...

More than five people read your blog Mims. Come now, no need for humility amongst your adoring fans.