'Cause a Danville party don't stop! I wish it wouldn't stop.
We try to get together with our BFFs from business school every year. Last year we ditched all the kids and met up with the adults for a Caribbean cruise. It had been a while since all the kids were together, so this summer we decided to reunite at the Palmers' place in Danville. I think the little people were happy with that decision.
Adele met her new friend and possible future husband Ezra. They love each other already, like Lloyd and Mary.

All the big kids: Brooklyn, Josh, Skylee (in the background), Carson, Leah, Eve, and Jude.
There was plenty of room for everyone, lots of delicious food, and gorgeous California weather every day. I just kept wandering outside to the porch swing and wondering why we ever left that glorious state!
You'll notice the lovely quality of these pictures. Thanks to Carina once again for always having her camera skills at the ready!
Here is Vanessa, our beautiful host. I love it when she puts on her prettiest face for pictures.
Some of my favorite families in whole wide world:
One day, we took all those children to Muir Woods for a nature walk. It was beyond beautiful. I lived nineteen years of my life in California, but I love that I still get to discover new amazing places every time I go back.
After Muir Woods, we tried to get to the beach, but the access was closed. We ended up stopping for this view of the Golden Gate, and driving across to Ghirardelli Square.
Aside from a few fun touristy things in the area, our time was mostly spent at the house blissfully chatting away, letting the kids explore every corner of the backyard, visiting nearby parks, and snuggling the heck out of each other.
Oh, I just miss them all so much!! It was such a great five days. I could go for that more often.
We had to say goodbye to Matt that last day. When we left the Palmers, I took him to the Sacramento airport so he could get back to flying around for work. Then I drove the kids to Reno to meet up with my parents on their way to Salt Lake for a family reunion. Glad Matt got one last little snuggle nap in before he left his baby for six days.













1 comment:
The land of my nativity! I love Muir Woods and the Sacramento/Bay Area. It's in my blood. I went to a funeral there recently and realized how much I really, really missed CA. Glad you have fun and have plenty of excuses to get back there!
Post a Comment