I remember the minute I found out that these two precious nieces of mine were going to be big sisters. My plane had just landed in Seattle in January, and as I turned on my phone to text Matt, the first thing I saw was this picture. I actually gasped, with no one but Adele to celebrate with. Matt's sister Stephanie is having a baby boy in August! It is such happy news! The cousin clan is growing!
Steph and Cheri brought the twins to visit us for a week in late February. There is nothing cuter than THREE baby girls interacting together at this age. They're like kittens, with bigger smiles and smaller claws.
Emmy loved the piano.
We took a long walk to the library, the donut shop, and the park one day.
I love how much Piper hates the swing, and how much Adele enjoys it.
Josh was happy to have the attention of his Grandma Cheri all week. She finished reading The Three Musketeers with him, and gave him all the snuggles he's been missing from me since Adele came along. And yes, that is a Harry Potter wand he's holding.
We walked to frozen yogurt, and played lots of games at home. Josh still hadn't started public school yet, so these were some of his last days at home. I find Settlers of Catan to be a pretty educational game for his age.
We took Grandma Cheri to Ellenos and Beecher's at Pike Place Market. Those first couple months, we had so many visitors wanting to do touristy things that I definitely got my fill of Pike Place. We had to take a little break after that.
You know you've been playing hard when two of your kids fall asleep in your arms in the same day. It was magical for me. Adele even fell asleep on me at church, which never happens.
Steph took her girls to a friend's house for a couple days, but Adele was very happy to have them back for group bath time. Seriously, there is nothing cuter.
We really love visitors. We really love showing off this city. We really love our family and friends. And it's getting warmer and more beautiful here by the day. Come visit us! And if you've already been here, come again!
No comments:
Post a Comment