Redding is purely hideous around Thanksgiving.
I can't even stand looking outside. Much less BEING outside in short sleeves and sunshine at that time of year.
And I hate when my mom teaches my kids to play wiffle ball so I don't have to entertain them.
And being surrounded by cute little people and animals is SO not my thing.
Oh crap, I forgot to use that cool sarcasm font everyone keeps talking about. Just kidding, guys! Thanksgiving was actually pretty perfect.
Forced cousin hugs for the camera. The first of many in years to come!
Julia's friend and his dad showed us a rock climbing spot about 40 minutes outside of Redding, in the mountains. Steven brought all his gear and coached us through. It was beautiful and cold and a rush! Just the three least girly siblings went.
North Face model. NBD.
Oh look! Pictures of me! I'm the ninja with the black hat on, chasing Julia Princess-Bride style.
Couldn't stop taking pictures. It was just too beautiful.
Here's a smattering of iPhone pictures from the rest of the week. There are none of Matt and me cooking, which is ironic, because that's kinda what we did most of the time. I don't even have photos of Thanksgiving dinner though, because I lost my external hard drive somewhere in this mess of a house, and that's where all my dad's photos are AND all the photos of our life for the last twelve years. I can't talk about it. Too depressing.
Little girl hates headbands. It's so hard to keep up with her cousin Elsie, who is never not dressed up.
This is a dumb picture, but it represents my current yoga obsession. I've been practicing a lot, and was really happy to get to go to a buti yoga class in Redding again. I found out that night that I can sort of do a figure eight pose, and was so excited that I had to take a video to check out my form.
This is how the family room looked most nights.
Family Instagrams that I stole:
Above: All siblings hanging out in Steph's room while make up is done
Below: Making videos of the sisters doing synchronous high-kicks
Adele and Elsie pretending to be asleep when we told them it was bed time
Fighting over a light saber, because fighters gonna fight
This was a blood-only trip to Cookies and Yogurt. Sons-in-law were left at home with the offspring.
On one of the last nights, we tried to take family photos. I don't have a copy of the final product because, again, lost hard drive. But here are some pictures I took from the sidelines.
People kept sneaking this big flower in her tiny ponytail for the pictures. None of us Snows were fans.
It was a really freezing evening, for how warm it had been earlier.
Josh really wanted attention from the camera, and kept posing himself in really cheesy ways against the tree. Then Jude needed a picture with just him and Dad.
And everyone left fat and happy and tired of being photographed. The end!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment