Over the past few months, I've been thinking a lot about the things I think are funny. I am increasingly amused by infantile, stupid humor. The dumber it is, the more it makes me laugh. The things on this list actually made me laugh out loud.

1. Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
As Natalie recently mentioned in her blog, this movie was on cable this week. I watched it, and I think it would be fair to say that I liked it a lot better this time at the age of 22, than I did when it first came out at the age of 9. Marv was cracking me up. I loved the parts where he got hit in the face with the bricks and when he got electrocuted. (Don't pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about. You know you do.)

Anyway, while we were watching the movie, Mimi said, "What kind of a name is MacCaulay anyway?" We grew up idolizing the kid and never made fun of his name. Thats probably why he ended up like THIS.
2. Nacho Libre I can't wait to see this movie. Even though everybody loved School of Rock, and there were some funny parts in it, I didn't think it was all THAT great. However, watching Jack Black shoot beans out of his nose makes me laugh so hard that I want to cry. Therefore, I will be going to see this movie relatively quickly.
"Sometimes you wear stretchy pants...in your room...just for fun"
What is brown and sticky? Heck, I don't even know why I think this joke is funny. But I do. Its hilarious. And every time I hear it, it makes me laugh. Maybe its the sentimental value of it, but hey, I still like it.
So it may be possible that my idea of funny is not much different from my 6 year old cousin's, but how can you NOT laugh at this guy?


5 comments:
Look how high-intense media your blog is! I'm surprised there aren't video clips and flashing lights. This is an impressive first blog.
Home Alone 2?! Matt. You're clever and witty. Don't stoop. Next thing you know, you'll be writing a blog about Mighty Ducks 2, where Coach Bombay and the Ducks take on the Icelandics.
But welcome to the world of blogging, it's a good one.
Oh! And I forgot. Don't you think Marv looks a little like the Wooden Man?
Matt. You gave up blogging so easily. For shame.
I think it's been over a year since your last blog.
But all in all, I enjoyed it. Endings are so hard; and she did a nice job. Very few complaints from most readers, which is a miracle in iteself.
Clayton's coming to visit for a week. You and Mimi want to come do it up B-Town style?
Well, a year and a half later I am still laughing at this old blog. Humor is humor; I'm okay with it so long as it doesn't involve too many body part or bodily functions.
Post a Comment