
2 And the Son o' Gram said, "Let there be light", and there was light.
3 Mimi saw that the grainy white light was good, and separated it from the darkness.
4 Matt called the light "The Cinnamon Bear" for it was like unto one with stubby appendages and a large head.
5 And the Cinnamon Bear was glad to be seen, and did squirm about like unto the fishes in the sea, thus prompting its parents to exclaim, "Forsooth, it shall be a great warrior"!
6 And they saw it, and rejoiced with cries of great joy.
I've seen the light.
Specifically, the grainy white and black light of a sonogram (in case you didn't get the previous reference).
The Cinnamon Bear was revealed to me yesterday at about 10:00 AM. Up until that point it had been nothing more than a figment of my imagination (which involved internal bragging rights extolling my manhood), and two months of evening-tide nausea for Mimi.But now things are different. It is official that we are having a baby. I've seen it. In fact, just so you know, CB is planning to make its big debut on June 24, 2008, in honor of its good old dad (which I can lovingly confirm IS me--and not the milkman/pool boy/postman--Yay for marital fidelity!)
But it's been fantastic thus far. We are so excited. It really was quite surreal to see the baby moving around. I had no idea that the baby could move so much at this point, or that the image of the sonogram would be so clear. You can't tell from the picture, but CB was kicking it's legs around like crazy, and you could see them perfectly. It was really amazing.
We are taking bets on whether it's going to be a boy, or if I'm going to have to buy a gun. I'm drawing up the plans for my 12 step Overprotective Father program. It's kind of funny, because it seems like almost everyone we know has baby girls! Jake Hawkes, Jake Butler, Paul Gwilliam, Alaina, Carley, Spencer and Mardee, etc. etc. etc. Only the Gochnours are holding out strong with baby Jack. We'll see how that plays out in the next few months though.
I'm just lucky that I have such a wonderful, patient, beautiful wife to be so excited with. She is everything that I could ever ask for. I'm so excited to be able to see a little piece of both of us together. Let's just hope that our stubbornness genes happen to be doubly recessive.
But it's been fantastic thus far. We are so excited. It really was quite surreal to see the baby moving around. I had no idea that the baby could move so much at this point, or that the image of the sonogram would be so clear. You can't tell from the picture, but CB was kicking it's legs around like crazy, and you could see them perfectly. It was really amazing.
We are taking bets on whether it's going to be a boy, or if I'm going to have to buy a gun. I'm drawing up the plans for my 12 step Overprotective Father program. It's kind of funny, because it seems like almost everyone we know has baby girls! Jake Hawkes, Jake Butler, Paul Gwilliam, Alaina, Carley, Spencer and Mardee, etc. etc. etc. Only the Gochnours are holding out strong with baby Jack. We'll see how that plays out in the next few months though.I'm just lucky that I have such a wonderful, patient, beautiful wife to be so excited with. She is everything that I could ever ask for. I'm so excited to be able to see a little piece of both of us together. Let's just hope that our stubbornness genes happen to be doubly recessive.

2 comments:
Great post. How 'bout another? Eh? Eh?
Update! Uppppppddddaaaaaaaattttte!!!!
Post a Comment