So, after weeks of counting down the days, we finally went to the doctor on Wednesday and got some cute pictures of the Bear. I like to think that he's flexing in this one. He's a boy alright. The lab tech even pointed out the boy parts to us (which I thought might be inappropriate to post, since I haven't got Baby's permission or anything). The ultrasound was really cool. You could see his lips moving and his little legs kicking like he knew we were watching. I tried to count all the fingers and toes, and I think we're safe so far.
This week has been all about little Thor. (This is what Matt thinks we're going to call him. Ha!) I knit his first little blue beanie and bought him a robot onesie at Target last night (which was the most masculine article of baby clothing we could find). The highlight for me so far was a few days ago when I felt him move for the first time. It's crazy!
We're pretty excited. We decided that we need to celebrate our baby's masculinity somehow, so tonight we're going to the most manly activity we could think of -- a monster truck rally in Oakland. We decided that the winning truck's name is going to be the baby's middle name. I hope it's "Grave Digger".

5 comments:
Yay for new blog posts! Mimi, I hope you're better at keeping up the blog than your other half. :) In case you forgot what all my little facebook comments said, congrats!!! I'm so excited for you both! I wish we lived closer to each other so I didn't have to rely on the internet to hear/see updates. Take care!
mimi!!
i saw your site from fbook...this is so exciting! and those monster truck rallys are crazyyyyy....i'm so glad you're posting so many pics because it's so fun! aww...i miss you guys!
Yea for mimi and matt...Matt you are not old enough to have a child. I can still vividly rember the day you were born and I am NOT that old. But am soo excited for you both. You can check out my blog to at fantasticfrenzy.com and can I please add you to my friends that blog? Congrats again on little thor, or pervis budgey... ha ha
That 20-weekish ultrasound is amazing! I still vividly remember mine, and actually realizing that this little stomach-bump was a person with a personality! Congratulations and keep loving every minute.
Oh, I think I'm really going to like this idea of you blogging. Yay Thor. You forgot to mention that in celebration Matt ALSO knitted...some manly man you got there.... Can't wait to see the pics from ManTown.
Post a Comment