Friday, October 24, 2008

Xtreme Chocolate

There are two kinds of people in this world -- those who love chocolate, and those who don't. Very few things have I loved longer and more deeply than chocolate. I don't mean just any chocolate. When you're like me and you need some sort of chocolate fix to get through each day, you learn to pick your desserts wisely. Otherwise, things could get out of control.

I am not usually one to waste calories on a lame old fast food shake. However, in the past two months I have found a dessert that has given me a whole new reason to love the state of Arizona. When we first moved here and had no functioning kitchen, we ate out at least once a day. Gross, I know. Anyway, on one of our trips to Dairy Queen, I came across a new kind of Blizzard I had never seen before. I don't even know if it's available anywhere else. It's called the Xtreme Chocolate Blizzard. Chocolate chunks, chocolate chips, chocolate fudge, and brownie bits mixed with Dairy Queen's oh-so-delectable soft ice cream. It is the chunkiest, most wonderful chocolatey dessert I have ever experienced at a fast food restaurant. I've had at least six of them so far. If you haven't had it, and you have an appreciation for really rich desserts, find one quick! It will change your life!

I love me a good chocolate fix, so if there are any amazing recipes or restaurants I need to try, please let me know!

2 comments:

Sarah McM said...

Maybe it's the pregnancy, but that picture makes me want to utterly vomit. I'm glad it brings you joy, though.

jenny.hawkes said...

Roy's has a fantastic chocolate dessert. It's a bit pricey, but worth it!!