November has been a busy month! Josh is growing and learning new tricks every day. I need to write them down so I don't forget too much, and so he doesn't grow up and accuse me of being a lousy mom who didn't cherish every moment of his childhood. Time to play catch-up.

With the weather cooling down, Josh absolutely loves to take walks. It's a quick fix any time he's in a cranky mood. Sometimes we'll walk across the park to the bus stop and meet Matt on his way home from work.

Here is Josh getting ready to go on one of many family walks to the grocery store. He is at the point where he has "favorite toys", this giraffe being one of them. Josh will stick the whole head in his mouth and suck on it til the entire thing is soggy with slobber. Mmmm.
What a little stud-muffin! I was so excited when I saw this handsome little number at the mall. I intended to make it Josh's Christmas outfit, but it was way to cute to sit in his closet for two months. All he's missing are the baby penny loafers.
Just a little FYI -- in the past month, my boy has found his feet, learned to roll over, and can almost sit up on his own. He gets so excited when he figures out something new!He is starting to get interested in books, especially the ones with pictures of babies in them. He talks to them the same way he talks to his reflection in the mirror.
Sometimes he'd rather eat the cardboard than read. I can't blame him -- I feel that way myself sometimes with my independent study classes.
This is what I woke up to the other day. He just makes my heart melt! Josh started sleeping in his crib a week ago andI've been going through emotional withdrawal. At first, I would wake up every hour wondering if he was still breathing in the other room. Just look at him -- can you blame me for missing the little guy in my bed?
My dad flew me out to Redding for a week to surprise my mom with her grandbaby. We had a great time, but Josh definitely missed his daddy. Sorry for the blurry pictures -- these are from the camera on my phone, and the baby is such a wiggler that it's hard to get a clear photo.

All bundled up with Grandma while we miniature golf with the family. He loves to be outside so much that it seems the temperature doesn't bother him!

Matt made us send lots of pictures to him every day so he wouldn't be surprised when Josh came home all grown up.

This is perhaps the most adorable little onesie ever! My mom bought it for him in Redding. I can't look at it without smiling! Good grief, isn't he a perfect little Charlie Brown?

This is the day Josh cut his first tooth! It happened to be on Sunday, which would have made for a hard day at church if I didn't have so many helpers. We went to Matt's family's ward becuase Andrew was home for Thanksgiving and his mom and I played a piano duet in Sacrament meeting. It has been a hard couple of days for the little guy, as his second tooth came in right after. My little boy is growing up!

5 comments:
Ha! I love the Charlie Brown onesie. Too stinkin' cute.
What a cute post! I love this. Joshua really is growing up fast. He will really love to look back on this in the years to come! It is so good to hear from you guys!
Love the Charlie Brown onsie! He is such a handsome boy, with beautiful blue eyes! We had fun at the zoo today. Sorry we had to leave early. Abby took a 4 hour nap - starting in the car on the way home.
Too big!! The Charlie Brown onesie = adorable! And I love little boy dress outfits. That vest makes me melt.
Oh my gosh, this little boy is the cutest baby ever! He is going to be such a smart little boy, too. I am sure your mom misses you so much now that you are in Arizona. I wonder where you will end up next year?
Post a Comment