
I challenge any of you to think of any other baby that has more nicknames than Josh...or as I like to call him: Bjorn, Bear, Bubba, Bumpy, Cinnamon Bear, Dip Dip, Fathead, Jungle Bum, Monkey Face, Mr. T, Pedro, Thor, Zipper, and any other random collection of nonsense words that happen to stick together in my brain when I'm trying to get his attention. (And just for the record, they are all LOVING father-son pet names--nothing intended as an insult.)All of the previous names are either currently in use, or have recently been used. I didn't make any of them up on the spot. That being said, before we get into the pictures of our recent exploits, I want to hear at least one of the following from anyone who would like to participate:

1.) Your favorite/oddest/most ridiculous nickname you ever had as a child.
2.) Your favorite/oddest/most ridiculous nickname you ever called your own child (minimum 2 weeks usage).
3.) Your favorite/oddest/most ridiculous nickname you ever wanted for yourself as a child. (Mimi insisted on being called Sally for a week at the age of 3.)
Now on to the reason that any of you actually look at this thing. This last weekend we took Mowgli out into the great outdoors with the Hawkes. It was great times up near Payson, AZ. Josh had a lot of fun doing the following things:
Sneaking out from behind things to scare people with his seriously awesome hat,
Looking SOOOOO good with his mom,
Spitting rhymes and hip-hop dancing,
Having an instinctual nose to find any chocolate in the vicinity (Part of his mother's gift to him)
Flirting with the ladies,
But without losing the ability to still look completely innocent, like he really DIDN'T wake up a jillion times and fuss regardless of how warm he was, who was holding him, or how comfortable he might have been.
On another note, our son is turning orange. He loves carrots, sweet potatoes and squash, and while he also eats green beans and peas and such, he prefers cooked carrots to fruit (which he also eats). If you look at the pictures below, you'll notice that pieces of his face have an orange hue. Its not just the camera.
A final observation. I love my baby boy. I have always loved him, but every day that passes where we get to play, and he laughs at me, and crawls to me, and headbutts me in the face is another day I just love him that much more. I love being a dad.
In the end however, all you need to know is that with Josh's newfound forestry skills, when you least expect it...he is STILL watching you.
8 comments:
For the record, we don't actually feed our baby chocolate. I guess he just has that inborn desire for sweet divine goodness. I actually think Hershey should pay us for one of these pictures -- they could make one awesome ad campaign.
Childhood nicknames: Ish gish, or Aj Waster boster, or Andrew J wattlebottom. Pick your fave,
I'm not telling you my embarassing nick names Matt because I know you're only asking people this question so that you can start calling them by that name. So, I'm witholding that information, but I guess if you really wanted to know, all you'd have to do is ask Mimi.
p.s. Joshy Poshy looks soooo cute in all of the camping pictures. I miss him already...oh and you guys too of course. :) Wish y'all were closer.
Your little guy is so cute! It is so fun to see how much he has grown. Oh yeah, and my dad used to call me 'buck wheat' A LOT as a kid.
Weirdest name I've called Abby is probably "Splendor Bonk". I'm not sure where it came from or what it means, it just came out one day and has been used ever since (usually when no one else is around).
My childhood nickname: Sarah Darah Dew Drops, which my dad changed into "Snarky Darky Doo," and eventually all variations of Snarky...
Nickname used for our baby: He's only 3 weeks, but he gets every nickname we previously (and concurrently) used on our dog, including the dog's name, Ralph (accidentally.)
Desired nickname: I tried to go by Dino (Flintstones) in Kindergarten, Black Lightning in 3rd grade, and Rachel from 4th-5th grade. Not making that up.
It was so much fun seeing you guys this weekend! I can't believe how cute and grown-up Josh is! It will be so much fun having you out here! Oh, and you looked Amazing btw!
Post a Comment