Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just Sharing the Wealth

I love to cook. I love to bake. I love to try new recipes. The thing is, I have absolutely no talent or experience when it comes to producing my own delicious creations in the kitchen. So I might as well tell you now that if you ever eat something I have made and you happen to enjoy it, that is entirely not my fault. All the magic is in the recipe.

That being said, one of my favorite things is to find a new recipe and discover that it's a real keeper! Recently I have found two such successes that I just have to share with the world. They come from two of my favorite food web sites: www.allrecipes.com & www.ourbestbites.com


The first is a corn chowder recipe. This was one of my all-time favorite comfort foods growing
up. Straight from the can, I might add. I was so excited to find this recipe and actually try
making it from scratch. And guess what -- it's super easy! Who'da thunk? Plus, it's made from mostly cheap ingredients that you'd usually have on hand, so there's no last-minute trip to the grocery store. I have a feeling it'll be on the menu very frequently this winter.

The second recipe is for the most heavenly cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted. (Best when they're piping hot from the oven and drizzled with fresh oozing frosting, of course.) These I had never
made from scratch either, and it was well worth the effort. Plus the recipe makes a TON, so there is plenty to share.

Here are the links to the recipes. I HIGHLY recommend trying them ASAP.

Creamy Corn Chowder -- I added carrots with the potatoes and used turkey bacon. It made the soup more colorful and healthy, in my opinion. I want to try adding celery next time, too.

Cinnamon Rolls -- I made them with the frosting from this recipe because I had no cream cheese on hand. It was positively delectable!

Good luck and enjoy!

2 comments:

Carina said...

Awesome! Thanks for the recipes. I printed them off and am excited to try them out.

Whitney said...

You are hired to come cook for Zach and I anytime. We miss you guys. Tell Josh not to be scoping out any other girls. Presley is still waiting for him