Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tell me I'm not the only one...

Have you ever been shaving your legs in the shower and stopped suddenly because you realized you just shaved the same leg twice?

Have you ever pulled out your phone to look at the time, then found yourself looking again thirty seconds later because it didn't really register in your brain the first time?

Do you ever walk all the way to the store and then forget what you are there for?

Have you ever ripped the house apart looking for your keys and then found them in the garbage bag with a bunch of your baby's toys?

Do you have a To-Do list that seems to grow every time you cross something off, like the Hydra on Hercules that sprouts three new heads when you chop one off?

This is how my week has been. Seriously, every one of these things happened.

I blame it on motherhood.

Trying to be a decent mother, a supportive wife, and a "domestic goddess" can really wear on a girl. Often I find myself feeling like this...

when I think I should be more like this...

On crazy days, I'm glad I have pictures like this to remind me that it's all worth it....

4 comments:

Snowfam said...

Mims, you are, as Michelle said, "A freak of nature" because you can do everything wonderfully. I hope you really don't feel overwhelmed-we think you're perfect!

Littleshortstacks said...

You are most definitely NOT the only one, I promise. You know what's sad? I hear the problems (especially those involving memory loss) only get worse with each child...I'll let you know how that goes in 7 months...

Carina said...

Super cute! Unfortunately I have to say that I could probably one-up you on your forgetfulness. Ha ha! You seem to have it all together though! At least at the end of the day it is all worth it right?

I am so excited to keep up with your blog. I love the whole blogging thing.

Amber said...

Yes. Yes. and Yes. All of those things have happened to me as well. But, like you said the kids make all those crazy days seem worth it!

Cute pic of Josh!