Initial disclaimer: This is Matt writing. Mimi does not as of yet have a wife of any sort.So I think it's clear that my wife is amazing. The last post I wrote on here (a long time ago) detailed a number of reasons why I thought so, so if you need a refresher, have a look here.
That being said, today I'd like to start a series of posts I'll write called "Mimi has mutant super powers" in which I'll detail some of her more strikingly odd abilities.
Mimi's sense of smell is remarkable. Does that sound like a super power? No it doesn't. But super powers are all about degrees. Being strong isn't a super power until you are ridiculously strong. Seeing well isn't a super power until you can see through walls. Mimi's sense of smell allows her to smell things the average human would never notice. She makes bloodhounds look like chumps.Case in point: this week we were at the mall to buy some baby clothes for Jude, who has already grown out of all his newborn sleepers. The minute we walked into the mall, Mimi immediately said, "there's a Coldstone here. I can smell it".
Now, I'm no slouch in the olfactory department, and Coldstone is a rather fragrant place. Even still, I couldn't smell anything other than the regular mall smells (like the cell phone salesperson who thinks that bathing in nasty cologne is a good idea).As we walked further through the mall, I became increasingly more certain that she was wrong. But no joke, after walking more than 200 yards past dozens of stores, and smelling a number of different smells, there was a tiny Coldstone store hiding there.
I was flabbergasted. There was no way a normal person could have smelled that little smell from so far away. It blew my mind, and cemented my belief that Mimi is half alien.

Unfortunately, like most superheros, her abilities come with additional cost. The world isn't made up entirely of flower shops and airport Cinnabons. Mimi often tells me "your skin smells weird" (even right after the shower--not sure what to do about that one), and having a newborn and a potty training toddler create all kinds of interesting smells that she has to deal with. Such is the price one must pay for abilities like hers.
So that is it for the first installment of "Mimi has mutant super powers". Stay tuned for episode two: The time Mimi broke down a door to save a crying baby.<----- Artistic Representation of what happened--my wife is much more attractive than this woman.
4 comments:
Not that I dont think Mimi has an incredible sense of smell... but I have noticed since having a child my sniffer as become increasingly better. Mimi has had 2 children so she definitely has a good one.
Dude, my Strong Goat friend... I am anxiously awaiting the next installment. Now that I know that Mimi has insane sniffing skills, I feel bad about freshman year and all my unusual smells that she had to tolerate... all that dawnay's boot can't be pleasant.
Puh-leeeease tell me you rewarded her with an overflowing cold-stone waffle bowl???
If you don't nurture and encourage these sorts of super powers, they will turn against you. And by nurture and encourage, I mean give them cold-stone.
What is Mimi's super hero name, btw? I'll expect its unveiling in your next installment.
Haha! I'm sure Mimi's just beaming with pride about her sniffer after this post. I feel for her...a blessing sometimes, but mostly a curse. I think the Coldstone sniffer is innate in only the most awesome people!
Post a Comment