In case you don't understand what this post is all about, earlier I explained about a goal I made to try something new every day this year. Here's my report for last week:
January 8 -- Listened to an album by Muddy Waters. Classic blues. Matt said it would be a "cultural experience" for me. Kinda cool.
January 9 -- Sent out Christmas cards for the first time ever! Yes, I know it's January. There was an issue with our photo order not arriving until after we left for the holidays, so I sent them out as soon as I could...stop yelling at me!
January 10 -- Went to Dunham's Sports store to buy new shoes for volleyball. I thought I'd try it out, and was disappointed. Not a great selection and not great service. (Fortunately you can't say that about many places in Midland.)
January 11 -- Took a bubble bath in my own home! In the four and a half months that we've lived in our new place, I had not made use of the beautiful tub I insisted on having. I'm so lame. But it was worth the wait. Relaxation station, people.
January 12 -- Ordered cactus chili at lunch. I don't think I had ever eaten cactus before, and it was sweet and perfect in my soup! I want to try cooking with it.
January 13 -- Ate my first CANOLI.Delicious!
January 14 -- Strolled the charming streets of Hoboken, New Jersey. Such a cute place! It was my first time there to visit some besties. I'm still here, actually, and just ate some divine New York pizza, so...I'll probably never leave.
3 comments:
I love all these new things you're trying!
Sounds like a really fun trip...not sure about the cactus chili though, lol.
That skyline picture is amazing!
What in the world? You even got some blogging done while you were here? You're superwoman! Wait, not superwoman... She-ra. Yes, She-ra. That cactus chili just blew my mind! I think I'll head outside and cut a few down today for lunch. We have a lot of cacti here in Hoboken.
Oh Mimi I miss you! Come back ta MEH! I think one of next week's try something new should be coming back to Hoboken. In a hot air balloon. Cause you've already flown here and all.
Love you!
Post a Comment