Monday, June 04, 2012

Try Something New: Week 22

May 27 --  Planted sweet basil seeds in a little container kit I bought from Target. It cost one dollar and so far, it is the most successful I've ever been with basil. Usually I buy it already grown in the pot and it starts dying as soon as it enters my house. This way, with the little "greenhouse lid", is working great! (Cheri, you need to try this.) Here is a picture from today.


May 28 -- Tried watching an episode of "24". Really, really didn't like it. I can see how people might get into that show, but it's really not for me. We even watched a couple more episodes throughout the week, and I could not get hooked. Good thing "So You Think You Can Dance" has started back up so I have something to watch when Matt leaves town.

May 29 -- Went to a splash park with our friends, Megan and Rachel, one we had never tried before. This one has a gate all the way around and is more low key for younger kids. It was perfect for us. 

Playing Footsies?
This is Jude's yoga cat stretch


May 30 -- Tried a new form of art with Josh, called crayon canvas art. (Google it.) You hot glue crayons to a canvas, then use a blow dryer to melt them and watch the colors run down. Josh loved it! I loved it! We used old slightly broken crayons, too, so I didn't feel wasteful. We had more broken crayons left over, so we took some silicon ice cube trays and made rainbow crayons in the oven afterwards. Learn how here. Fun morning.




May 31 --  Researched all kinds of birthday party ideas on Pinterest. Josh's birthday is coming up, and he's trying to decide between a robot party and a garbage truck party. I ended up finding a lot of new ideas and blogs and projects that he would love. I've never had to plan a legit kid birthday party before because Josh hasn't been old enough to care, so hopefully I don't mess it up!

June 1 -- Went to the local museum with friends, Melissa and Luke. It has a Bob the Builder exhibit right now that is absolutely perfect for getting out energy. After a couple of hours on the same floor, my boys did not want to leave, and they hadn't even explored everything yet. We're definitely going back. Want to join us?

This is the only picture I got that features a face.
The boys were so busy they could not stop for a decent picture.


June 2 -- Made new window covers for our back French doors. Blinds don't really work well on those windows, which I found out after measuring and ordering nice overpriced blinds for them which I cannot return. I found some pretty fabric at Joann's and finally made shades for them, so we can have complete privacy, and keep the afternoon sun from scorching our living room in the summer.


3 comments:

Shanny said...

We went to the museum the other day, and the girls loved it! I was just thinking that it would be even more fun with friends - let's go sometime :)

Sarah F. said...

I love your shades! They are super cute. I want to go to the Bob The Builder exhibit too!

Erica said...

Love the shades - super cute! And all the crayon art - I'm gonna have to give it a try sometime.

We had the Center for the Arts yearly pass last year and ended up using it all the time - perfect for the winter and it got us into a ton of places when traveling. Next time you go back let us know :)