Monday, June 11, 2012

Try Something New: Week 23

Juse 3 -- Matt and I made the most delicious pancakes ever. He got the recipe from the in-home chef on one of his "work" trips. Fluffy oatmeal buttermilk deliciousness!


June 4 -- Bought Meijer brand diapers for Jude. So far no leaking. My faith in generic products is ever increasing!

June 5 -- Listened to a few new (to me) TED talks while I mowed the lawn. Loved it so much I got the app on my phone. Now I listen while I run. I just LOVE hearing smart people talk!


June 6 -- Made no bake cookies for the first time ever. I had the need for chocolate right before a piano lesson started, and literally in less than ten minutes I had whipped these up. I could not believe how fast and easy they were! 

June 7 -- Made invitations for Josh's garbage truck birthday party. All this kid birthday stuff is still new to me, and I'm having fun with it.


June 8 -- Went for a run in my new awesome shoes. I'd had the same running shoes for more than four years, and since I'm not a regular runner, they were used for volleyball and other court/outdoor workouts. The soles had been peeling back for months and were being held together by duct tape. It was pretty bad. It took a lot of tries and trips to different stores, but luckily I found some new ones that I really love.


June 9 -- I tried my hand at royal icing. Josh wanted soccer ball cookies for his soccer party on Saturday. The icing didn't come out at smooth as I wanted, but it did the job alright. I also didn't like that it added a crunch to my deliciously soft and thick sugar cookies, so I probably won't do it again. BUT, Josh thought I was SuperMom for the day. Worth it!


4 comments:

Carina said...

When I grow up, I want to be just like you....talented, gorgeous, fantastic mom and super wife. You are amazing at trying new things and mastering them the first time.

Melissa said...

Super fun!!! I am going to look into Ted...sounds interesting!

Elizabeth Glenn said...

I just found out that the major traffic source of my blog is you. May I just say that I am honored :) See you Wednesday!!

Jedda said...

I love TED! Now I need to run and mow the lawn so I can listen more! Good job super mom!!!