It's catch up time. This is what rainy days are good for.
Here are the little things from March and April 2013...
Right after the cruise, we found out that our beloved cruise friends were expecting. This is the excited picture we texted them that day. We're so ridiculously happy for them!
March in Michigan is still pretty frigid, but I'm glad the boys still made use of the trampoline (before it died).
We spent some cold afternoons running around at the mall play place and lunching on pizza. These two boys are the perfect combination -- Josh eats the pizza and Jude eats the pepperonis.
We brought plenty of donuts home from the grocery store, because baked goods help us fight seasonal depression around here.
See what I mean? You know he's looking out at that snow just longing for donuts.
While we're talking about food, Matt tried out his new smoker and made some delicious smoked salmon. And that's coming from someone who doesn't like salmon. Matt also whipped up some Brazilian pao de queijo (cheese-filled bread) and it was awesome.
He's been growing up fast. I got to help at Josh's preschool a lot this year and it's been really fun to watch him grow. We taught him to play Scrabble so he could practice spelling and he loves it.
Moving onto April, Josh went to his friend Julia's Halloween birthday party. As you can imagine, it's the best April party theme ever! Another opportunity to use Halloween costumes? Yes, please!
Jude became a serious color-er this spring. Give him a pen or a marker and he'll be in his own silent world for a good chunk of time. Just don't disturb him for photo ops or you'll get his crusty face.
He paints as well, but never without his special apron.
I discovered that I like to paint too, and that it's more fun to just make what I want for the wall, rather than try to find and buy something that fits just right.
Jude and I had some fun together while Josh was in preschool four mornings a week. We snuggled a lot, took silly pictures, and finally went to Romp and Stomp for the first time.
Matt has been a very busy man, but once in a while I get picture-proof of what a good dad he is.
Our trampoline died this spring. The wind blew it into the corner of our house and knocked off a drain pipe, then took it about a hundred yards into our neighbor's front yard, luckily not damaging their house or cars. Matt had to take it apart and tie it to a tree until the storm passed.
Both boys got buzz cuts again when their hair started to get too shaggy (and sweaty). I think they're awfully handsome.
Favorite toys of the season were probably the play kitchen and Melty Beads. I spent a lot of time ironing Josh's creations and eating plates of plastic food made by Jude.
Both boys have become good helpers. Some of their regular jobs are to empty the dishwasher, fold towels, and help cook/bake. (They also really love to wash windows, but it's a little less helpful the way they do it.)
FINALLY the sun showed its face and it was warm enough for T-shirts and popsicles one day. (Almost. Can you tell we're a little chilly?)
Looking back at these cold days does NOT make me miss winter. I need a longer summer! Make time stop! Somebody, please!!



2 comments:
I didn't know you could paint! They look great - especially the two on top. Tips, please? I remember the long winter too but summer hit with a vengeance in our new (further north!) place. Oh, well.
A few things: Your paintings...!! You're seriously talented! Josh and spelling actual WORDS?! um awesome. Jude's concentrated faces are the best. Poor trampoline. And can you send them to my house to do chores?
Post a Comment