Friday, May 09, 2014

Adele's First Two Weeks

I'm obsessed with my baby. Here are some pictures from her first couple weeks at home. 
(Approx. March 8-22, 2014)


I call that collection, "No Hair, Don't Care".

Here's the princess with her body guards the day we came home from the hospital.


That first week, there was a lot of napping (with Grandma Sara), an attempt at balloon animals, a very cold walk around the neighborhood, and some premature shopping. (Meaning I shouldn't have pushed myself that much right after surgery, but I was just so bored sitting around at home.)


And yes, I might be nursing in that picture, but the little baby feet sticking out were just the cutest!

Here's Adele's first bath at home. She didn't like it.


Jude pulled her headband down over her eye once and was excited to tell everyone, "Look, I made she a pirate!" He is hilarious with her. He especially loves when she wears yellow or pink so she can be one of the girl power rangers.


Grandma Sara was here for about ten days helping with the big boys and being our resident postpartum nurse. She is, and always has been, the most baby hungry person I know. 


This little baby tush sticking out is one of my favorite things. And below that, you can see Adele's three main newborn expressions: Grumpy Old Man, Oversized Yawn, and Sleeping Beauty. All three of them make me smile.



She likes to be in the piano room when I play. I like to think it's because of all the piano lessons she sat through in the womb. This little spot on my lap worked out great before she got more wiggly.

And here are a couple videos of the boys the first time they met and held their baby sister.



2 comments:

Alicia Snow said...

Oh I love them. And those videos of the boys meeting Adele are perfect.

Elizabeth Glenn said...

I love when they both kissed her at the same time. So sweet!