Friday, May 13, 2016

I Can't Think of a Clever Title for January

I'm going to try to speed-catch-up on 2016 so far. Here's January.


Amazon post-holiday party at CenturyLink field. Special guest: Fallout Boy. Theme: foods and events spread around the stadium representing major US cities. Dueling pianos, casino tables, a graffiti wall, a gum wall, city scapes for selfies, a hoe down area, and so on and so forth. Sounds great, right?  Actually not the coolest party, Amazon. Next time spend money on good food, and maybe invite less people so we don't have to wait in Disneyland-sized lines to do everything.


Highlights were the photo booth, finding a caricature artist named Teague, meeting some of Matt's funny work people, and getting lots of free bandannas from "Austin, TX" to bring home to the kids.


Josh got a bag full of free chapter books from my literary agent friend, Clelia. He devoured them!



Lots of good inside activities going on while we endured an apparently horrible Seattle winter. I guess it was the rainiest year in a long time, but comparing it to Michigan, I just wasn't that miserable.




We got new cabinetry in the kitchen! And lots of oversized boxes to play with!



I did so much drywall work that my hands have been cracked for months. Sooooo glad that part is over for a while. But I did like my handsome assistant.


So much drywall dust. Dust raining everywhere. Filling my nightmares!


Had a girls night out with church people. Discovered a really delicious dim sum place. That on the far end is me with an over-saturated spray tan.


Josh did Lego club after school on Fridays and the younger two loved running through the school halls to pick him up. I just love this pictures so much.



Alexe and I went to a Duke Evers concert and had a super fun night tagging along with the band. It was the most interesting exercise in sociological observation. I felt like a researcher in a new environment, trying to blend in with foreign creatures. I met all kinds of artists, had some great conversations, and felt like a girl in her twenties for the night. Imagine that!


We went to our favorite park on a nice day. I love the sky here.


We eventually got countertops! Note the trail of handkerchiefs and pillows, courtesy of Jude to protect us from lava.


Alexe and I joined a new gym! It's very fancy with a sauna, steam room, lap pool, and a brick wall interior decorated with jeweled chandeliers. Those are basically all the reasons I go. It's curiously inexpensive, and exactly what I needed. It's also right next to the Ballard farmer's market, so here we are celebrating with fresh carrots and butterrum hot cider. A totally normal combo.

No comments: