Friday, May 13, 2016

February: Getaways, Birthdays, and Visitors

February.

One day, we lost power for a couple hours at dinner time. I was really excited about putting off my to-do list and making it a fun, magical night for the boys with candles and flashlights and glowsticks. They were scared. When the lights came back on before bedtime, they cheered and I booed.


Matt is good at providing ways to get wiggles out on rainy days. (I know it looks like night, but I'm sure this was like 5:30 pm. February is a dark month for us.)


Always rain boots, even on sunny days. Just in case we need to take advantage of any puddles.


We took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge for an overnighter. They absolutely loved it. Indoor water park, arcades, pizza, ice cream, hotel room sleep (read: no sleep)...it was great fun.





My 29th birthday happened. Matt knew just what I wanted, which was a day all to myself. So he took  the day off work and sent me away!


 I got to go running in the park by myself, hang out with my laptop on the sunny patio of a cafe, write uninterrupted, and take my time eating lunch that someone else made for me. Then Matt had scheduled a mani/pedi with my sister and an hour massage. Both were splendid. Then I walked over to my gym and did some yoga before I showered, relaxed in the sauna, and got ready for dinner. We ate at Pestle Rock, which is amazing Thai food. Steph and Teague met us there with flowers and we ended with Hot Cakes. It was delightful.



Theeeeeeeennnn back to normal life the next day, in which I literally have children crawling all over me. A stark contrast. But both good.


My parents came to visit us for Valentines weekend. The kids were a tiny bit excited.



They took us out to Kickin' Boots to celebrate mine and Teague's birthdays.



On Valentine's Day, Matt sent me this in a text and I love it so much.


Matt made a very involved chocolate cake for us that weekend. It fell apart, but was amazingly delicious.



Adele helped Steph do Grandma's eyelashes.


Steven came to visit the next week! He is so so good with my kids. He needs to live close.




The kids saw our yoga mats and asked me to turn on a yoga video for them. It was very entertaining. Adele asked to put on her helmet a few minutes later, because yoga safety is serious.


We got a sitter and took Steven to The Garage for pool and bowling. Steph and Teague met us there.



Reenacting a great moment from Steven's last visit. Sorry, guess you had to be there!


I'll end with this little heart-warmer. I'm so glad my boys love each other.

No comments: