I love that my little girl is old enough to be excited about Easter now. She loves all the candy and colors and baby animals and BASKETS. She really loves baskets.
Someone needs to paint her fingernails to match those jelly beans.
Some moms organized a little egg hunt at the church for the non-school-age kids. It lasted just a few minutes, but everyone walked away happy.
Alex and Liam are some of our best friends. (And their parents, too.)
That Saturday, we showed up at the park and found another hunt going on with more people from church. They were nice enough to let us join, even without having any eggs to contribute.
Adele couldn't be bothered with eggs this time. Swinging was too blissful.
Here's the Easter morning loot. Grandma Cheri always likes to give books for Easter, and these picks are still the kids' favorites, six months later. Knuffle Bunny, When a Dragon Moves In, and Don't Push the Button. Get them for your kids!
Tangent: this photo is to immortalize the WHITE couch I decided to put in my family room. Yes, white. White here because it's brand new. But it's never to be white again, I'm afraid. Kids got to it. I knew this would happen. I just forgot how white it used to be.
Easter morning, we dyed eggs. With color-coordinating Ikea cups, of course.
Alexe came over for breakfast, Easter dress and all.
And now for some of my very favorite photos of my kids:
Heart explosions everywhere.
Had to ride the broken firetruck on the wet grass in her fancy dress. Had to.
Always silly. Always pestering. Couldn't live without each other.
Notice Adele's wardrobe change. The first dress was too small. I forced it to fit for sibling pictures. She goes through a couple more dresses before the day is over, because there is no limit to the number of Easter dresses a little girl can wear.
The rest of the week was full of more egg hunts. I love how long this activity can occupy my children, and I have such fond memories of making egg hunts for my sister growing up. I do NOT love, however, stepping on these plastic eggs scattered all over the house long after Easter. You feel me, moms?























No comments:
Post a Comment