Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloweeeeen

Halloween hasn't really been too exciting for me since I stopped trick-or-treating. Yes, dressing up is always fun, but you can do that any day of the year. However, this Halloween was different. This year I had a cute little baby to dress up and an actual house for trick-or-treaters to visit! What an excellent holiday.


Here is Matt working so diligently on our pumpkin. I wasn't very much help -- I got as far as cutting the top open and then decided that playing with the baby was cleaner than scooping out pumpkin slime. But that's what men are for, right?


This was Matt's vision of our jack-o-lantern. He did a great job copying it, but we didn't get a picture of the real thing before it started to rot. Interesting fact: in Arizona, you have to wait until a day or two before Halloween to carve your pumpkins or else they shrivel up and turn black in the heat.


Here is my sweet little Tootsie Roll. We bought this costume a few weeks ago and I was soooo excited to dress Josh up! He didn't hate it as much as I thought he would, either.


The night before Halloween, our ward had a Halloween party. Instead of a "trunk-or-treat" like I grew up with, they just have people decorate the doors of classrooms around the church. Here we are sitting at our "doorstep" waiting for trick-or-treaters. Matt's sister Michelle is the one holding the baby.


I know, our costumes are lame (except for Josh's). Another last minute costume from the Snows. I'm actually wearing Matt's football jersey from high school. He's wearing Cardinals gear.


We had a bunch of friends over for a little party on Halloween. (That way we could party and hand out candy at the same time.) These are a bunch of Matt's friends from high school. We have Dr. Greg House, a ladybug and her flower, Mrs. Claus and a crying baby, a football player, Juno and Paulie Bleeker, a cowgirl and her hick boyfriend, a nurse, the Grim Reaper, and a construction worker (who is taking the picture).

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Only 52 days 'til Christmas!

6 comments:

Jody said...

Aw, that last picture really makes me miss everyone... Those are some great costumes, too. If Paul's Paulie Bleeker costume is true to character, lets just say I'm glad we can't see him from the waist down. :)

Greg said...

Sweet! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog in the very post where we are in it haha.

My pumpkin literally melted. It got all moldy and disgusting like 48 hours after carving before melting into a puddle of nasty pumpkin water. It was pretty gross.

-Greg

Amy said...

Awesome pumpkin! I love the tootsie roll costume idea.

Karin said...

Aw, he is such a special little tootsie roll! Very cute :)

jenny.hawkes said...

We had a great time at your Halloween party! Love the picture!

Littleshortstacks said...

Between the baseball hat cake and this pumpkin I think it's safe to say that Matt has some artistic talents...way to go Matt!

The costumes are super cute, and so is your hair Mimi! I wish you guys weren't so dang far away. I see your fun pictures and I miss you guys. Doesn't it seem like BYU was so long ago, yet almost like it was yesterday?