Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Christmas in Redding

The three of us got to spend two wonderful weeks in Redding, California over Christmas. Matt was able to work from his laptop for a few days and I got to share Josh with his excited grandparents, aunts and uncles. I hardly ever saw my little boy with everyone else squishing him 24-7! It was a nice break for my arms and my sanity.

We spent a lot of time relaxing by the fireplace doing puzzles and playing games.

For Christmas Eve dinner, my mom and little sister wanted to have a shepherd dinner to help us remember Christ's birth. So we ate shepherd's pie, pita bread, and grapes....And Stephanie brought Josh out of the bathroom dressed like this!



"It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" My sister Julia (10 years old) is fun to get excited with.


We put together this box for Josh to play in while we opened presents. He was so good!

I think he got a little oversimulated with all the excited people throwing presents around. He spent most of the morning very calm and still, snuggling with Grandpa -- very unusual for him.

This is pretty much how our whole two weeks went -- different people sneaking up behind Josh to smooch his squishy cheeks before he could squirm away. All day every day.

Happy third Christmas together! (Fifth, if you count our dating life.)

Melissa and Mike, going on three months of marriage at the time. He's pretty darn cool for a brother-in-law.

So studly! The boys got matching pajamas from "the Elves" on Christmas Eve. We all get magic PJs each year to help us fall asleep so Santa can come.

Josh and his great-grandma spending some quality time together.

Soooooo stroooooong!
Playing outside in the driveway on Christmas day. We had a croquet competition, extreme hand-to-mouth grape tossing, and some friendly basketball.
Someone was a little tired after all the Christmas morning excitement. He sacked out before he even made it to the end of the driveway.
My brother Steven tried to teach me how to ride a waveboard. So hard!
We had a little fire in the backyard. The boys roasted hot dogs, and yes, that is Matt ruthlessly beating Julia at teatherball in the background there.

My mom's favorite thing to do in the whole world

Aunt Melissa loves Josh! (He is too distracted waching the kitties eat to look at the camera.)

All of Josh's Madsen aunties. So much love for one little boy!

I was a little worried that my mom had thrown out all our old homemade Christmas tree decorations. Then I found this on the tree when I got home. Priceless!

Siiiiiiiimbaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
We love Christmas! Can't wait for next year when Josh can appreciate it a little more. Family, I miss you like crazy already!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF JOSH AS SIMBA! HOW'D YOU GET HIM TO DO THAT? GREAT COLLECTION OF CHRISTMAS PICTURES. THIS IS ALWAYS THAT HIGHLIGHT OF MY NIGHT SHIFT...LOOKING AT MY CUTE FAMILY ON YOUR BLOG...ESP. LITTLE JOSHY :)