Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chicago, here we come??

I am proud to announce that my amazingly wonderful talented smokin' hot genius of a husband has been accepted to the University of Chicago Booth School of Business!

He won't tell you this himself, but Chicago's is the number one MBA program in the world right now. It is such an awesome opportunity! However, the tuition is crazy expensive. We're talking $100,000 of debt easily.

Matt has also been accepted to Arizona State University here in Tempe. He was offered a partial scholarship and a graduate assistantship there, so we really wouldn't have to take out loans at all. Plus we would be close to family, friends, and the place that Matt wants to settle down some day.

There are definitely pros and cons for each school so we have a lot to think about in making a decision. It is great to have options and we're excited to start the next phase of our life! We'll let you know when we have a solid plan.

13 comments:

jenny.hawkes said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Jody said...

Wow! That's quite the decision. Keep us updated!

Dane said...

I think that there is really only one thing to think about here, and that is: "Will dane be able to fly his little plane to Cha-town to visit us?". The answer is no! So...( drum roll please!) Tempe it is! See you in Tempe! :)

Korey said...

Way to go Matt! Personally I am not a fan of the cold. But I guess your husband's career is probably more important than using weather as a deciding factor! Good luck with deciding which school to go to. They both sound like great options.

The Conquistador of Chaos said...

I'm with Dane. Plus, if you go to Chicago you'll be reminded of the 1993 NBA Finals every day. Who wants that?

Mardee Rae said...

Whoa, everybody!!! What's with all the Hatin' for Chicago? I love it here! Mims, you guys are going to have the rest of your lives to live in Arizona. This is the chance to live IN my favorite city in the US. Not to be biased or anything, but seriously! :)
We need to talk. And another thing. The winter is not as bad as everybody says. It's bad. But not death. In fact, it was kind of a game :) And we all got to get really cute coats. Oh, you'd better just call me.

Anonymous said...

If "happiness is being married to your best friend" as your blog tagline suggests, then Mimi, you've destroyed any chance I had at happiness. I hope you're proud of yourself.

However, I would accept an apology in the form of staying in Tempe for business school.

I don't really mean that. You guys should do what's best for you. But if you need a tiebreaker between staying and leaving, I vote for staying.

Matt, I'd congratulate you but I already did that in person yesterday and I don't like to repeat myself. So ... get back to work!

Amy said...

What a smart cousin I have! Way to go Matt! One of my best friends lives in Chicago, her husband is finishing up dental school. Let me know if you want any info from her. If you do go to Chicago you can join us in the school debt club :)

Melissa Grow said...

That's fun! How do you know Jody? This is a great way to keep us in touch too! Good luck with the decision.

Fenima said...

Congrats to you both! That's an amazing news; you guys are so lucky. Wow, Matt is way smart, and What a big decision you need to make, the Chicago one sounds great except for the student loan part.

Mimi, tell Matt that Scott miss him and his skill at church basket ball. Scott and him were the two guys who were always there consistently.

And thanks for the congrats; we're so excited for the baby girl to come.

John and Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christiana said...

That is so great!!!! Tell Matt congrats! It would be fun for you to be close to Spencer and Mardee again but I can see where you have some thinking to do. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Carpe Diem! Go to Chicago...if that's what you feel is right after praying about it of course! What a great opportunity! Congrats! I'll miss you though, so I guess that means I'll have to come visit since the only part of Chicago I've ever seen is the airport. Love you guys...only a week till we see you! Yay!