Dear World:
First off, this is Matt. I figure I should probably clear that up in advance because this fine blog is typically Mimi's platform. Now, onto my message.
I really really really love technology. If you were to tell me that I had to give up my access to the internet and cell phone OR my access to indoor plumbing (which in my opinion are the greatest inventions of the modern era*), I would be hard pressed to make that decision. The quantity and quality (with discretion) of information that is available is incredible.But, this post isn't a quest to sound like

Kip Dynamite. Let me tell you where this is all coming from: Google Reader tells me when you all put up new posts on your blog, which is great, so I don't have to browse to each individual website just to see if there is something new. Additionally, Reader makes suggestions on blogs I might like, based on the blogs you follow. While I usually ignore these, the other day Reader suggested what has turned out to be my new favorite website, Our Best Bites.
Mimi and I love to cook together. Its a lot of fun to try some crazy recipe and to figure out that its not nearly as difficult as you might have thought. We're always on the lookout for new things to try, and Our Best Bites is a treasure trove of goodness in that regard. Why do I say this? Let me count the ways.
- There are lots of different styles of food--variations on classic recipes, southern food, light food, kid-friendly food, there is a lot of variety, which is great when you're looking for something new
- The level of cooking is just right as far as I'm concerned--the posted recipes are as fun to cook as they are to eat. We're not talking about ridiculously easy recipes here, or about recipes that are going to keep you in the kitchen all day and night.
- The two women who write the blog are also very good with the camera. The pictures they take of their completed food always make it look incredibly delicious, which is always helpful in the inspiration department.
So in summary, I'd just like to say thank you to whoever it is that followed this blog in the first place. Identify yourself, and we'll have you over for some homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream. That being said, you'd better hurry because its almost gone.
4 comments:
Just checked out this blog. It made me really, really hungry. Definitely a keeper blog.
I think its awesome that you two love cooking together. Food blogs are addicting to me. I do more looking than actual cooking, but there are lots of fun recipes out there!
I'm sure you already read it, but if not, learn to love cakewrecks.blogspot.com
Another new favorite is awkwardfamilyphotos.com
Thank you thank you thank you...
May we often sit around a table discussing these recipes and sharing experimental meals...just like the good ol'days!
I totally just joined as a follower. I am very excited.
It's going to be my new food network, since now all I watch is Dora and Strawberry Shortcake.
Post a Comment