So much to catch up on! Matt and Josh both had birthdays last month (June 24th and June 21st, respectively). Since we were in Redding for both dates, Matt's family had a little Snow family party for them before our trip.
Grandma gave Josh an alphabet delivery truck toy that captivates him for extremely long stretches of time. It's amazing. It makes noises, plays songs, and has a little blond delivery boy that Josh likes to talk to. There is also a mail slot for him to stick the "letters" through, which I thought would be pretty difficult for him. However, this toy has confirmed what a stubborn, persistent, focused boy we have. He will sit there "in the zone" for as long as it takes to get every single letter in the truck. I guess postal workers do have to start training from an early age.

My gift to Matt was one he asked for a long time ago. Actually he wanted the hat, but my dear husband's head is just so large and full of intelligence that Charm City Cakes didn't have a hat that would fit him. (Notice the logo.) The Food Network plays a show called "Ace of Cakes," which is all about this bakery in Baltimore that makes crazy, extreme, custom cakes. We love it! Duff (the main guy) first sparked our interest in cake-making when we saw him using power tools in his decorating. So yeah, we're big fans.

This was Josh's first experience with birthday cake, and probably his first experience with birthday candles, as well. I think he was more interested in the fire than the cake at first. Yep, he's a boy alright.

After finally warming up to the massive cake on his tray, and realizing that Mommy wasn't going to stop him from digging his hands into it, Josh discovered that he definitely likes cake. No surprise there. Is it just me, or does his frosting goatee remind you of an old man baby?

Aunt Stephanie looovvvves rainbow chip frosting! She got a whole extra container of it just for herself to eat with a spoon. Now, if you aren't thinking "Mmmm...I wish that were me," I'm not sure if you can call yourself American.

This is Uncle Andrew's classic way of holding Josh -- feet out, face forward, and one hand under the legs so he can bounce them around in the "Josh dance." Those legs have been flailing around with Andrew since Josh was just a few months old. It's very sweet.

Don't know if you can tell, but these Snow kids sure love pictures. Normal, boring, stoic pictures with blank expressions and little movement. Do you see what I mean?

Lastly, this picture is not from Josh's birthday. I just think it shows a really cute moment a few weeks ago when he was sharing his frozen peas with Grandma. And crossing his little legs, as usual. If he were a girl, I'd call that ladylike, but I'm not sure what it means for little boys. I guess it's just cute??
1 comment:
Happy Late Birthday you two!
Post a Comment