...but here are the pictures so you know that we partied hard.
A week before Halloween, we did a little practice run with Josh's costume to make sure it fit and, more importantly, to show Grandma and Grandpa his ferocity while they were in town. Josh wasn't too crazy about the tiger get up. I'm thinking he wanted a more manly, realistic portrayal of the animal. One that matched the roar he'd been working on. Not some fuzzy-cutesy-stuffed-animal-looking thing that covered his head and made him all sweaty.

Still, once he realized his little costume scored him CANDY, he was a trooper. Here's a picture from the day before Halloween when they had trick-or-treating at the business school. LOVE all these costumes.
On Halloween morning, Mardee and I were in charge of a party for the Tot Lot kids (young children of U of C students who use the little indoor playroom in our building). It was a success! Kids + costumes + toys + sugar = unstoppable FUN! Here is "pumpkin walk" that lasted as long as the kids' attention spans...about five minutes.
A hungry little shark named Max circling the snack table.
We had a table where the kids could decorate a bag with stickers so they could put all their Halloween candy in it. We also set out a world map so people could mark their home countries. There are a LOT of international families here, so it was really cool to see where everyone came from.
And here's a cute little tiger pushing a chicken that wiggled out of her costume. Josh loves little Rozi.
Later that day, there was a trunk-or-treat at the church, followed by an awesome Halloween party that Carina headed up. There were contests for pumpkin carvings, costumes, and soups. There were also carnival games and a CRAZY number of people! It was definitely the place to be! By the way, I did dress up (sort of). I had a witch's hat that night, but it didn't want to stay on my head. And earlier that day, I cut out some triangles and a toothy grin and taped them on my stomach to look like a jack-o-lantern. Count it. It's the best I could do on such a busy day.
And just so I NEVER lose these pictures or allow this memory to leave my brain...
Here is what my dad did for Halloween.

Yeah. My dad is Batman. I'm pretty proud of him for dressing up at all.
He and his boss dressed up and drove around to the different pharmaceutical stores/offices they oversee and surprised their employees. I sooooooo wish I could have been there to make fun of him and to poke his inflated pectorals.

7 comments:
It is never to late to post about Halloween. It was a crazy day for sure! Glad the cute little tiger embraced his costume. Good thing you had him break it in first.
Your tot lot party was a happenin' place. I wish we could have been there.
Great post--I'm glad you took pictures of the party!
And I LOVE your dad's costume. He should have brought that with him to Chicago. It would have been a great way to see the Sears Tower.
I love joshes costume!! Mimers, you have always been so creative. You made it, right? Adorable. I miss you guys!
Haha! No, Oak, I didn't make his costume. Too much effort for very little reward. Maybe when he's older and actually cares about what he wears.
Josh looks so cute! and your dad is hysterical! My dad dresses up like a biker every year. It so funny.
Mims. I just popped over and was going to comment just to tell you i MISS you, but then, much to my dismay, I notice I haven't even commented on this post yet. GASP! So sorry.
Oh, halloween...seems like an eternity ago. But it was a good one, indeed.
I can't wait until we are all back and shivering out butts off together in Chicago. I'm feeling majorly homesick for my beautiful hyde park mamas!
Post a Comment