A few days ago, Matt and I realized that he had not taken a break from school to go somewhere fun in far too long. Josh and I have been enjoying this city without him, accompanied by the other husbandless business school wives and their adorable children. I know I haven't posted much, but that's because we've been SO busy going to fun places like the museums and the apple orchard. It's really not fair to our poor men, but it's much better than suffering along with them.
So yesterday, we drove to the Lincoln Park Zoo with some friends and family that randomly decided to join us. By the end of the day, I decided that Josh's version of Heaven will most definitely involve lots of caged animals that he can gawk at behind a safe, thick layer of glass. He was so happy to be there! So fascinated by every animal!
Here's a bunch of our crew. From left to right: Campbell, Mardee('s half face), Spencer, Brooklyn, Carson, Matt, Josh, and Cadence. You've got it made when the kids in your group can take up all the railing in front of an exhibit -- no one to ruin the view!
All of these kids are so curious and smart! So many questions! So many animals! So little time!
Don't worry...Josh isn't falling. Sometimes the excitement of seeing REALLY big cats just gets the best of him and he flips out a little. Let's just say I was really glad he didn't figure out how to squeeze through the bars of the protective fence.
Here are Matt and Josh staring down a ferocious-looking mini crocodile. The funny thing was there were monkeys playing right above his pond. Ya know the song about Mr. Crocodile snapping the monkeys out of the tree? Yeah, bad idea zookeepers.
Every time Campbell saw me taking pictures, she ran straight for the camera with a super cheesey grin on her face. I wish I had a picture of her expression, but her sweet little cheeks got so close to the camera that it couldn't focus right. Campbell is without a doubt one of the sweetest babies I have ever met. She loves hugs from everyone! Rarely does she see another baby and forget to attack them with a big bear hug.
I kind of feel like a broken record, but Chicago IS beautiful! I think it is particularly cool that the zoo is right up close to the city. And did I mention it is absolutely FREE? Can life get better? I submit that it cannot!
Those big apes were pretty entertaining to the little monkeys on our side of the glass.
What? I'm in a picture? Well there you go... proof that I was actually there. Usually I'm the one behind the camera, so it's nice to have a family shot once in a while.
Carina, Carson and Brooklyn...Too cute for words. We love this family!
It was such a treat to have the DADS with us that day. Are you confused that Matt is wearing shorts, a T-shirt, and flip-flops? That's because it was 68 DEGREES outside! Can you believe it?! We were expecting to be stuck inside in an ice storm at this point in the year. We're lovin' it!
The lions were totally awesome. There was this huge lioness that was just pacing back and forth on her rock while the male took a little nap. At one point, they started roaring really loud back and forth. Josh loved it! He got some good practice making animal sounds that day.
That was Matt's version of the Circle of Life at Pride Rock. I'm not sure how the lions felt about it because that was right before they started roaring at us.
And here is how our husbands spend quite a bit of time these days. Responding to emails, checking football scores, and texting each other about school on their fancy phones. Okay okay, in their defense, at this point they were actually just looking up directions to Flubba Dub Chub's (a hot dog restaurant) so they could feed their starving families, but I still thought it was a good representation of their "free time", with school always in the back of their minds.
And now for a slightly less cute (but still hilarious) picture of my baby...
Before you get grossed out, just think...how many kids do you know who can hold a snot bubble for a picture? Eh? That's talent.
About 3.5 seconds after this picture was taken, Josh's head collapsed onto his chest and he fell into a deep sleep coma. This fun day really tired him out. He even stayed asleep on me while we walked like five blocks to get food AND while we ordered at this little delicious shack of a restaurant. I really enjoyed it as I was reminded of the days when he would ONLY sleep on or next to me. I'm so glad he's old enough to enjoy the zoo now! Thanks for the fun day, friends!
5 comments:
Looks like fun! We love the zoo!
Your pictures turned out really great! I can't stop laughing at the picture of Josh with a snot bubble. That is definitely impressive!
We sure love being with you guys! It was so funny that we happened to be leaving for the museum at the same time and we were glad to switch our plans last minute to spend them with you guys.
Adorable as usual.
And don't let Matt fool you, compared to law school, "An MBA is a giant drunken networking party." :-)
So glad you guys came with us! it was so much fun. I'm bummed that we left before the lions and the snot-bubble. We totally missed out :)
I must admit, that picture of Josh with his tongue out is priceless. At such a young age, he's already learned everything I can teach him. Well done Beauregard, well done.
Post a Comment