We've hit the salad jackpot lately. I've never been one to swoon over salad, since we didn't have it much growing up. Partially because I was such a picky eater that my ideal salad consisted of crunchy lettuce and ranch dressing, but also because my mom thought it wasn't worth the effort. You can get the same amount of nutrients (and often more) by dumping a package of pre-cut pre-washed broccoli into the steamer. But recently, we've found some amazing recipes that make it worth all the effort. We've even started buying spinach in mass quantities from Costco. You know the enormous bag I'm talking about? The one that takes up half your fridge space and usually goes bad before you can even use half of it? Well, we've said goodbye to the rotten stench of old spinach in our fridge and said hello to these amazing recipes. You'll love 'em!
A couple of tips: With each of these, I'm pretty sure the secret is in the homemade DRESSINGS. And for all you moms out there who refuse to become familiar with the internet (specifically my mom), if you don't see the recipe underneath the title, click on the underlined words and the computer will magically take you to the website with that recipe.
From OurBestBites.com:
Candied Walnut Salad with
From AllRecipes.com:
It's so yummy I don't even know what to call it!
Eryn's Salady Goodness:
2 green apples peeled and chopped
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (peeled from a block)
Romaine lettuce
Candied pecans or walnuts
Dressing:
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 c olive oil
2 green onions
salt to taste
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (peeled from a block)
Romaine lettuce
Candied pecans or walnuts
Dressing:
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 c olive oil
2 green onions
salt to taste
Spinach-Craisin-Almond-Poppyseed Salad
1 bunch spinach
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1 small package dried cranberries
caramelized almonds*
Poppy seed dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
1 small red onion, sliced thin
1 small package dried cranberries
caramelized almonds*
Poppy seed dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
*In saucepan over med. heat,
heat 3/4 cup slivered almonds
with 2 Tbsp. sugar until
golden brown. Spread on
foil to cool, then break apart.
Mom's Mandarin Almond Salad
1 head romaine lettuce
1 cup chopped celery
3 green onions, sliced
1 cup mandarin oranges
1/2 cup sliced almonds
Dressing:
1/2 cup salad oil
4 Tbsp. sugar
4 T. vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Red Robin's Crispy Chicken Tender Salad
crisp greens, lightly fried chicken breast tenders, hard-boiled egg, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions, poppy-seed honey mustard dressing
Cheesecakes Unlimited's Feta Chicken Salad
romaine lettuce, arugula, shredded chicken, crumbled feta cheese, cubed cucumber, diced tomatoes, sunflower seeds, sliced red onion, garlic caesar dressing


5 comments:
Thank you so much for the prompt recipe posting. We'll be giving these a try right away!
Wahoo! I am so thrilled to get a copy of all these recipes. I am shocked that you didn't have a bunch of salads growing up. I have dubbed you the salad queen! I've never had such a variety of salads until I met you. We always LOVE whatever kind of salad you make!! Thanks for sharing!!
Yes! Yes! Yes! I've been dreaming about that salad since your house... i was about to ask you for the recipe and you are so tuned in to my needs you posted it through ESP.
I finally became a full adult and signed up for a costco membership so I'll be bulking up on these ingreds asap. Gracias mi amor!
Yum, thanks Mimi. Can't wait to try them. You should check-out CPK's BBQ Chicken Salad; it's my favorite. It goes something like this:
Romaine lettuce, black beans, corn, jicama, cilantro, crispy corn tortilla strips, Monterey Jack cheese, ranch dressing, chopped BBQ chicken breast, diced tomatoes, and green onions.
I simply can't wait to make some of these.
Post a Comment