Saturday, March 13, 2010

Today

Some days are so easy to waste away. You know, the ones where bed time comes around and you find that you are still wearing your pajamas from the night before? And you are feeling so lazy that you actually think to yourself  "Score! I don't even have to change clothes before hopping into bed!" And you can't seem to think of a single concrete task you accomplished all day? Nothing to cross off any of your lists?

Today was one of those days, to some degree. I didn't shower until 6:30 p.m. because I kept telling myself I was going to exercise first. It didn't make sense to get dressed or put on make-up until after I showered, so guess who spent almost the entire day in her pajamas, shut up inside her little apartment? This lazy little leach. Sure, some days there is just so much to get done at home that you're too busy to make it outside. I'm sure I could've done a wonderful amount of cleaning, organizing, and cooking instead of spending hours and hours engaged in the many mindless activities one can do while plopped on the couch. But that didn't happen. Not today.

Because I feel like a waste of a person tonight, I thought I'd make a little list of my top moments from today so I can remember that, if nothing else, this day made me laugh. A lot.

- Today, I started to prolong my process for getting Josh a cup of milk. Not because I'm a cruel mother, but because sometimes he gets so excited for it that he does this little milk dance. He tries to jump and flails his arms around frantically, laughing and almost singing a bunch of random words that probably mean "I'm so FREAKIN' excited!!!" Sue-style. If you've seen Sue on SNL, that's the best way I can think to describe it.


- I was looking in my wallet and realized that for the first time EVER, my actual weight is LESS THAN it says on my driver's license! Given, I did get that license only a few months after I had Josh, and it's just by a few pounds, but I'll take that victory! Goodbye baby fat! I'll probably see you again soon.

- I decided that "toilet paper" should have a different name, because the "toy" sound at the beginning must make kids think it's meant to be played with. Josh went nuts on a fresh roll of TP this afternoon, pulling the end into a pile that literally stacked up to his waist. Having been taught to not be wasteful, I attempted to re-roll it for future use. Whoever packages TP must be magic, because I'm telling you, the roll was about three times bigger after I rolled it myself! It didn't even fit on the little dispenser on the wall anymore. Crazy. (Also, weird that I found this picture so easily online. Like this happens a lot or something!)


- For the first time since we moved to Chicago, I put in a DVD and actually completed a real, hard workout tonight. P90X Plyometrics, baby! It hurts so good! Yes, I've been that lazy the whole school year, but I now remember how awesome it feels to exercise. Maybe I'll turn over a new leaf and get healthy again!


- Josh spent the morning running around holding his scabbed hand out, asking anyone who would listen to "kissi bettuh" with a fake pouty face. He just recently picked up on this and it is so cute I can't resist indulging him!

- I brought this dinosaur hat home from Redding this week. It's a hand-me-down from my cute little cousin, Guy. I can't look at it without laughing!


- And finally, maybe the highlight of the day, as I was reading "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" (to myself, of course), Matt pointed out that a certain popular rap artist probably got his fashion inspiration from a certain Dr. Seuss character. Can you guess who?



You'll never look at T-Pain the same again.

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Whenever I have plans to go to the gym and can't until the evening, I ALWAYS laze about for the entire day beforehand. And if, for some reason, I have to get ready for something, I refuse to shower and just slick my greasiness into some unmentionable.

Oh, ALSO, if I've showered in the morning, it's my perfect excuse NOT to go to the gym that day.

I love/hate days like these. But I have a sneaking suspicion that they happen much more frequently in my house than in yours.

Oh, and give yourself some credit... whenever I exercise I count it as pretty much trumping all of my other "to do's" and call it a day!

Loved this post!

Carina said...

Hahaha! I can't stop laughing at Josh's hat, and then at the Dr. Seuss look-a-like! Seriously!

I was quite happy to hear that you had a nice, relaxing, lazy day! You have been on the go for so long that you definitely need a break!!

Funny, I had the same exercise/shower mentality yesterday as well. As it ended up, not only did I not exercise, but I did not shower either! I was impressed to see that you not only exercised but showered as well! Way to go!! I'm with Vanessa, THAT definitely trumps any guilty feelings of not accomplishing anything else for the day.

Amber said...

I am actually impressed that on one of "those days" not only are you are able to eventually exercise (which I haven't done in over a year!) and shower but you were able to write such a humors and cleverly written post.

That sounds like quite a productive day if you ask me!

Amy said...

It sounds like a bunch of us do the same thing with the whole shower/exercise thing!