Saturday, May 22, 2010

Reuniting!

You know how some people can make you feel like a teenager again as soon as you see them? And upon reuniting, you let out a little (or very big) squeal and you run to them and jump up and down as you hug and say "Ohmygosh!" a million times and start talking in a really fast high voice and laughing a lot for no reason? If you don't, I'm sorry for you. It's wonderful. My top two people in that category are my college roommates, KLYSTA and LINDSEY. 

Now for a little stroll down memory lane.
BYU 2004-2006:

Helaman Halls, ready for the Jock Rock Party

Formal dance in the Cannon Center. Oh yeah!

Moving into our first apartment with ALL THREE of us!

Laughing too much

Snuggling at our boyfriends' apartment. (Lindsey and I married roommates.)

Matt and his "three wives" (probably not a funny joke for people who think Mormons actually do that...)

Dressing up in the boys' clothes...
because we're really COOL, that's why!

Disco skating!


Distracting each other from O-Chem homework


See what I mean? I LOVE these girls. There is a certain dynamic when we get together that takes over. We spazz out. Nothing can go wrong. We think of silly things that are only funny to us, then we do them and don't care if anyone else laughs. Our husbands sometimes have to look away and pretend like they don't know us because we actually embarrass THEM with our immature behavior. It's glorious!

Why do I bring this up? Why subject myself to this kind of nostalgia? So I can mope around for a day, missing my girls? No....because....

KLYSTA CAME TO VISIT ME!!!!

These two lookers are Klysta and her husband Dave.

A couple weeks ago, they stopped at our place overnight on their way out to Virginia from Provo (the post-college-job-offer-move-across-the-country road trip). Although we only got to have them for about sixteen hours, we were SO happy they came! I hadn't been able to get to know this boy Klys had married (their wedding was in DC right after Josh was born in CA, so I couldn't go), so I'm glad I finally had the chance to approve!


After staying up late talking, we went to the delicious Original Pancake House down the street for breakfast in the morning. Josh didn't waste any time being shy with these new friends. When we got home, he immediately invited Klysta to sit down on the floor so he could show her his collection of sports equipment. And she's definitely a girl who could appreciate it!



Klysta let Josh play with her camera. (Best bribe ever!) 
You can tell how pro he is already.



By the end of their little visit, you can see how much Josh loved them. And this kid doesn't just give out hugs for free! He learned their names surprisingly fast and has asked to look at these pictures many times since they left. You better come back soon, guys!


And now, for your viewing pleasure, Klysta and me being grown-up weirdos...


(Lindz, I hope you know you were sorely missed!)

I love you, Klys! Come visit again ASAP.

4 comments:

Littleshortstacks said...

How fun! That's one of the sad things about growing up...not getting to see the people you love nearly often enough! It looks like you really took advantage of your time together though. It's refreshing to see you guys together again, even if for a short time!

Jody said...

Who's that hiding under a cushion on the couch? And did you go blond again?

Lindz and Johnny said...

Wow! I loved the stroll down "memory lane!" It was the absolute BEST :) We'll have to have a best friend reunion soon, I miss my favorite girls!

Klysta said...

Mimi! I love you so much! You brought tons of tears to my eyes with your post! Dave and I had so much fun with you! Dave really really likes you two! Of course I am planning on visiting you soon, but Dave is ready and pumped! He told me he wished you guys lived closer cuz he knew we would hang out every day! I just love Josh! I am so glad we bonded!!! Mimi you are so wonderful!!! Best friends forever, no matter how far away we are! It was just like home seeing you again!