So in case you haven't heard, we made it to MIDLAND for the summer!
As requested by some very far away friends (who I am missing like crazy), here are some pictures of Michigan's splendor and our temporary furnished apartment.
As requested by some very far away friends (who I am missing like crazy), here are some pictures of Michigan's splendor and our temporary furnished apartment.
This little lake is about a five minute drive from our place. It's a small, beautiful lake completely secluded from town by all those trees you see in the background. Equipped with sand, volleyball courts, a playground, bathrooms, and docks for fishing, it is like paradise for my little boy! And for me too, because I don't really have to follow him around and try to entertain him. Plus I love the beach!
Avery is much braver than Josh when it comes to venturing out into the water. That girl has no fear!
If you don't know these cute little kids yet from previous posts, then you probably haven't looked at my blog for a while. They are our family this summer! We see them just about every day, and if we don't plan something, we usually end up running into them in one of Midland's few stores.

I wish I could tell you that Josh is just flushed out from the camera in this picture, but no. He's really that white and pastey. Just like his parents!
Go ahead, Josh. Help yourself.
Here Aiden is driving a combine harvester at Midland's "Hall of Ideas" museum. All three kids had to be on the same seat, even though there was an empty one next to the driver. That's just how it works. The babies follow Aiden around everywhere, and he is so good to put up with them.

Sharing an afternoon snack at the table. Everything tastes better when you eat it like a puppy. Don't you think?
And here's our new crib. The front door and the garage are on ground level, and there's an apartment under us, so you have to walk up these stairs when you come in.
I ordered an electric piano this summer for my own mental health. It makes this place feel more like a home. I might start teaching lessons in the fall when we are poor students again.
This patio is one of the best parts of our apartment. Josh will take his toys out there and shut the door behind him, like it's his own little clubhouse. He'll blow bubbles, draw with chalk, step on ants, throw leaves down off the balcony, ride his little bike, or just sit and sing to himself. He gets fresh air and sunlight, I get to watch him from the couch or the kitchen...everyone is happy!
That special brown door leads to my very own laundry room. And you can see my dishwasher there on the right, next to my garbage disposer. CAN life get better?!
Yes, it can! How? With two very PINK bathrooms, that's how!
Although Midland doesn't have much shopping, it seems to have everything I need. Other favorite places that are nearby:
Country Club (a.k.a. "The Palace") - 6 minutes away
Awesome kiddie pool, fitness center, luxurious locker room, and $3/hour babysitting so I can exercise and shower in peace!
Joann Fabrics - 4 minute drive door-to-door
I might start going every day just because I can.
Walmart, Kohls, Michaels, Target, Cold Stone - 8 minutes away in the mall area (Target in the mall! Awesome, I know!)
Jack's Fruit and Meat Market - a couple of miles south
The awesomeness of Hyde Park Produce (only fresher) + MEAT!
Give me a Giordano's and a Costa Vida and I'm set for life.
But probably one of the greatest things about Midland has been the ward at church. It is awesome! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. Not to mention they have a group that plays volleyball every Tuesday morning! I think what really sold me on it, though, was my experience last week substituting for the nine-year-old Sunday school class. Those kids are amazing. Smart, kind, respectful, fun...I was seriously impressed. If all Midland kids turn out like them, I can't imagine a better place to raise a family.
I love you, Midland.











4 comments:
I am so happy to see your place! I LOVE the pink bathroom. I am seriously jealous about that in particular. How wonderful is that that you have soooo many wonderful stores at your fingertips. I'll bet they even have parking lots. The beach looks like a blast! Wish we could be there to enjoy it with you!!!
Wow! Your place is NICE. I love it. And I love Midland, I think! You've been prolific lately: I like it.
Yes, yes, yes. Midland is oh so nice. I"ll have to try out Jack's..sounds promising.
Oh, and I can't figure out when that gold fish eating picture was taken. That is really funny!
What a nice set-up! Your place looks great, and it sounds like you have a fabulous summer in store.
Post a Comment