A couple weekends ago, we joined our friends at a campground for some yummy tin foil dinners and outdoor exploring. We chose not to spend the night because our last experience in a tent with Josh was possibly the worst night of sleep ever. So, in our opinion, we got to do all the fun parts of camping without all the work! Only because our friends were so wonderful to invite us. Amber made foil dinners for everyone, brought all the supplies for a fire and smores, and set up the camp site. Here is the WonderWoman herself with our munchkins.
The boys loved checking out the creek. They were really set on finding a crocodile out there.
But apparently they weren't completely fearless. Whatever I said to make them look at the camera, it seems to have scared them! (And don't even think about saying "Maybe it was your face!")
A couple of natural beauties!
I took the boys on a very short hike to collect firewood. While I trudged back TigerLily-style with two armfuls of fallen branches, the boys were more interested in sticks that looked like spears or guns...anything to be used against crocodiles (a serious threat in the Michigan woods).
Precious little girl. This was her response when her mommy told her to get ready for the dinner prayer. Doesn't she look like she came straight from the Sacred Grove?
The little ones found this secret clubhouse between some trees and liked to hide in it. I'm so mad I didn't get a good picture of both of them looking! It was the cutest thing. Very romantic.
I showed my little buddy how to write in the air with a smoking stick. One of my all time favorite camping activities -- playing with fire!
On our walk to the creek, Mark picked a bunch of flowers and constructed this pretty little bouquet for his lady. He was real proud of it, too. It was a very sweet interaction to behold.
5 comments:
Good times. I just emailed you a photo of two with you in them. : )
I am convinced now of your argument to not actually sleep outside while camping. (At least while the kids are young.) Camping is always really fun until bed time.
Glad you guys came out. You made the evening great.
Oh my gosh, I don't know if this is the pregnancy hormones talking, but my eyes COMPLETELY began to sting with tears looking through these pictures. I miss you all so freaking bad! This isn't a good sign... if this is the state I'm in over the summer, when I'm guaranteed another year of blissful frolicking with all of you, think how I'll be next year when we leave Chicago for good! No bueno...
Oh, and that campground looks absolutely beautiful and perfect!
Oh, and Mark giving Amber that little bit of flowers!? I will freak out!
I loved this post, can you tell?
Wow! We are seriously jealous of all the fun adventures you guys get to have WITH your spouse. I am like Vanessa and feel all giddy at the thought of all of us returning to Chicago. This summer has been WAAAAYYYY too long!
I love how that last picture really shows off Matt's body.
Was that "sleepless camping night" the one we took together? We haven't been camping since either, for the same reason. =) Miss you guys!
Post a Comment