Wednesday was my birthday, and I think this one officially made me a grown-up! I've been waiting for grown-up status ever since I met a certain boy and wanted to be old enough to marry him. (Actually I guess I didn't wait for that...)
I've had a lot of good birthdays with this boy.
Don't we look like babies??!
18th
Sunny day, breakfast of champions at the Cannon Center
Walk in Nuns Park up the canyon with my boyfriend Matt who wore super cool shell necklaces
Surprise dance party in Helaman Halls, equipped with DJ and better-than-Robert-Redford cake
19th
Little party at my fiance's BYU apartment
Fat giant candles in the cake
Happy birthday song in Portuguese
And a hot date to the symphony
20th
New apartment in the SF Bay area
My dear husband cramming in his last few BYU classes before starting work in a few days
Spencer, Mardee and Cadence as guests (our new neighbors!)
Mom and sisters drove down from Redding to surprise me
Mmmmmint-chocolate-chip ice cream cake that said "Happy Birthday Meredith Mimi" = Brilliant
21st
Spent a night in beautiful downtown San Francisco
Spent the next gorgeous day taking pictures and walking everywhere
Five months pregnant with Joshua
Not pictured: a fun night of painting lessons with Clives and friends
22nd
Living in Tempe, Arizona for work
Dinner, cake, and presents at Matt's parents' house
Got a mandolin! Still can't play it well...
23rd
Chicago!
Girls night out to dinner
Visit from Matt's mom and sister Stephanie
Pizza and cake in the Tot Lot with friends
Limited photo documentation, but I know it looked something like this:
24th
Crazy blizzard outside (Chicago again)
Very pregnant with Jude
Beloved girlfriends braved the weather to celebrate at Leona's
Josh and Matt made the best birthday card ever, complete with 2.5-year-old handwriting
25th
Delicious lunch with a great friend
Little family party in our very first home in Midland, Michigan
Two birthday packages and a bunch of cards in the mail
A 3.5-year-old boy who was enthusiastic about everything
Vibrant blue orchids brought home by Matt, and Shell Silverstein's poetry collection -- just what I asked for!
My favorite chocolate cake, punctured with matchsticks for candles
Go ahead and zoom in on that bottom one of Jude. I know you want to. Here, I'll just do it for you.
What I have learned from this review:
1) I have the best friends and family ever, who never let my day go unnoticed.
2) I've had birthdays in a lot of places. Time to stop moving!
3) We really, really need to get a supply of regular old birthday candles.








5 comments:
I hope you have a million more happy birthdays!
Oh my gosh! I have had such an insane week I can't believe I didn't wish you a happy birthday till now! I LOVE seeing all the places you have been over the last few years...but I can't help but be insanely jealous that we weren't there to celebrate this one with you. Happy Birthday my friend!
I LOVED this post. And can I just say you are even MORE beautiful on your 25th birthday than you were on your 18th?? And every year in between? Seriously, who can say that? NOBODY! 'Cept you.
Oh man. I don't even know what to say. Except this post made me vedy, vedy happy. And I wish I had been there to give you those spankins! Don't think I'll forget either. I've been waiting all year to give you birthday spankins. And I have to say "spankins" instead of "spankings" because it makes it just a LITTLE bit creepier. Almost as creepy as me saying I've been waiting all year to do it.
I love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
What a fun recap! Happy birthday!
Memory lane with so many fun birthdays with Matt-soo fun to see! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment