This post is a little late, but I have a good excuse.Matt made homemade maple bars last night, and I was too busy stuffing my face, resting and digesting to feel like blogging. I kept telling myself, "They're homemade donuts. That means they're better for me, so I can get away with eating twice as many as I would at the bakery, right?" I'm sticking to it. They are divine. I'm eating another one right now, in fact.
Here's my Try Something New Week 12:
March 18 -- This was our 6th wedding anniversary! Matt left me that morning for Aspen, his secret lover. (He also left me for Aspen on Valentine's Day this year, so I know it's serious.) He claims it was for work. I guess I should assume he's innocent until proven guilty. He did come back with a crazy bad sunburn on the lower half of his face, so I guess we showed him. Sorry, so distracted today.... What new thing did I try? I taught the primary kids a new song to sing for the congregation on Easter Sunday. It's one I had never sung before, called "Did Jesus Really Live Again?" The words tell a story and teach a lesson, so I like it.
March 19 -- Started reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. I was waiting in the car and was bored, when I saw this book sitting in the console. I had ordered it for book group last month but didn't have time to read it with all my Italy prep. (That post is coming soon -- I promise!) It's about a POW in WWII, so it seems like it will be an interesting read.
March 20 -- I let Josh unload the dishwasher by himself. He surprised me with how carefully he stacked and sorted everything onto a dry towel on the counter, organizing all the bowls and cups and plates for me to put away easily. Then he did the silverware by himself, no questions asked, like a pro. No broken dishes yet. I LOVE that my child is old enough to start doing chores that are actually helpful!
March 21 -- Successfully switched Jude from formula to whole milk! Victory! It is so much nicer than scooping and cleaning up messes of formula powder all day. I had never done this before, since Josh was allergic and went straight from nursing to soy milk in a sippy cup. I still half expect Jude to vomit each time I give him a bottle of cow's milk, but far so good.
March 22 -- Started reading my new GMAT 800 book to see if I'll be interested in taking the test. Right now, testing is the next step toward grad school, so I figured I should at least explore my options and figure out what I might be good at. Don't get all excited...this is nothing serious right now. I'm just exploring.
March 23 -- Created a really cool track out of garbage. Josh and I found some treasures in our recycle bin and made this pathway for bouncy balls and gumballs to roll down. He got so excited every step of the way and high-fived me each time a test run worked. Jude constantly tries to destroy our little project, but here's the beautiful thing...it's already garbage!
March 24 -- Helped Matt with a new recipe called Beer Can Chicken. Not made with actual beer, but rubbed and flavored with aromatics placed in a can, then shoved up the rear of a whole raw chicken and grilled for a few hours. It was delicious. Also, I bought myself some new clothes at Target, AND wore a beautiful new scarf that I brought home from Florence, sooo...triple whammy.



No comments:
Post a Comment