Friday, October 12, 2012

Green Apple Barn

This was a few weeks ago. Once we decided to finally admit that summer was over and fall had begun, we went straight to the Green Apple Barn. The boys (all three of them) were at the perfect ages to enjoy every bit of it.


Leaman's is an apple farm where they make their own amazing apple cider and donuts. They have a big play area for kids with a huge sandbox, slides, animals, toy tractors, a corn kernel playhouse, an ABC maze, a bigger corn maze, an educational area about honeybees, a haystack to climb, mini-mini golf, a delicious shop, and a kiddie train ride pulled by a lawn mower. Kid Heaven.










For the grown ups, the best part was the scavenger hunt (which I'm sure was not meant for grown ups, but we pretended our kids were interested too). If you went around the whole farm, reading all the signs and learning enough to answer a page full of questions correctly, you got a free six pack of cider donuts. I know! 'Heck yes' is right! Here is Matt holding our ticket to sugary goodness.



I'm thinking about making a T-shirt that says "Will Work for Donuts". 
Because obviously, I will. Scrumptious!


No comments: