Thanksgiving 2014 was a Snow gathering at our house in Michigan. Matt's whole family made the trip to be with us -- babies, pregnancies and all. We had been using their arrival date as our deadline to finish the basement this year, and we actually made it! There was plenty of space for everyone, and a dark, quiet(ish) place for people to nap 24/7.
The week was filled with people I love playing with the littler people I love. And nose-picking.
Grandpa Murray read Harry Potter with Josh, and Jude drew some "dead flowers" during school time.
Our twin cousins, Emmy and Piper are ridiculously adorable. They're about ten weeks older than Adele and spent the trip trying to teach her how to crawl.
Uncle Andrew is pulling triple kid duty here, while eating a healthy apple and exercising his chess brain. He also spent some time studying for the GMAT that week. Doesn't he know that vacations are about being lazy??
Steph and Alicia are great mothers already. Alicia is expecting a boy in April!
Basically, every day was spent playing with babies, making and eating good food, and learning new games. Once everyone was there, we decorated the tree and had Christmas together.
Before any presents were opened, Josh had to find the Christmas pickle. Someday maybe Jude will give him a run for his money.
These two grandparents are the people to thank for this whole get-together. They made it happen!
Two of the boys' favorite Christmas presents were these magnetic tiles from Grandma, and this science kit from Aunt Michelle. I didn't get pictures of all the gifts, but they were all home runs this year. Thanks again to everyone for spoiling my children! And me!
Thanksgiving was the yummiest I've ever had. Matt made his best turkey ever (thanks to our sous vide machine), I found an amazing new green bean casserole recipe, and Grandpa's pecan pie was just ridiculous. I want to eat all of it again, right now.
Adele's Cheerio Thanksgiving was equally as scrumptious.
Like I said, games were a big theme this week: Pandemic, Citadels, Seven Wonders, Settlers of Catan, Werewolf, Sequence, Chess, and probably some others I'm forgetting. It made for lots of fun and many late nights.
Oh, and did I mention phones games? Those were all played individually. Sometimes even while participating in another group game. That's talent.
But my favorite part of all was the babies. Babies, babies, BABIES!
How many adults does it take to get one good picture of three baby girls?
Adele was just a little bit excited about her new, fun-sized playmates.
The boys made and decorated ninja-bread cookies with Grandma and Aunt Alicia.
And we managed to get an okay family picture with the self-timer function.
It was a great week, and the house felt more empty than ever after they all left. At least I had a happy baby to cheer me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment