Catching up a little from October and November. Hence, the Octember.
Adele is getting major personality. She is so completely full of joy that she can make anyone smile. She is exactly what I need, all the time.
The boys are starting to play together better. They like all the same things and can match each other in volume and energy levels (thank goodness, because I cannot).
Jude still showers Adele with affection and annoyance.
We still can't ever seem to make it to church on time, but my boys don't look any less handsome in the foyer.
Adele is a spaz on the piano. She absolutely loves it. Josh and Jude like to play with her and pretend to teach her songs. She just likes to bounce around and lick the keys.
Sometimes she will sit like this through a whole piano lesson, just watching and listening.
This picture is from my last Sunday as Primary President. It was the day of the children's program in Sacrament meeting, and they all did a wonderful job, including my husband, the crazy chorister. I think Josh is still the only child who gave me trouble about saying his part into the microphone.
Even on beautiful sunny days, these people only want to stay inside and sit at the computer. Adele and I have to force them out.
Three of Adele's favorite things right now: baths, her daddy, and standing.
She has one million faces and I laugh at them all.
Matt discovered a new cooking technique and bought a sous vide machine. It has produced some really delicious food, especially meat.
Josh started reading Harry Potter, and in a few weeks, he was already on the fourth book. He gets really into the story, and says things like "Rubbish!" on the regular now.
Oh, hello there pretty girl!
Josh started home school a week before Thanksgiving. It was in preparation for our move to Seattle, but really there were a lot of reasons. That's for another post. It's working out well so far, and we're going to reevaluate in Seattle. Right now, he just loves keeping his weapons close while he works.
I started this painting many months ago, and then didn't touch it until we put our house up for sale and needed the master bedroom to look finished. It's a big one, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
I'm including this picture because it shows something special about packages from my mom -- they always include Fruit by the Foot for the boys. I have never bought those things, and never will, so they will always be associated with Grandma Sara. I like that.
This is the last picture I got with my dear friend Sarah before we moved. There are so many friends I didn't get pictures with and I'm kicking myself now.
We got our Christmas tree the weekend before Thanksgiving this year because we were going to celebrate with Matt's family. It was fun, but if we're being serious, the best thing about that day was this cute little Jude, asleep in his underwear on the couch. I'm kind of obsessed with baby skin, okay? Sorry. It could be worse.
No comments:
Post a Comment