The rest of January, we were busy unpacking and getting comfortable in our new place. The kids tried out both bathtubs with great success.
To get out some wiggles before bed, we took a night time walk to the elementary school playground. Everything was wet, but we still had fun pretending to be ninjas.
This deck is so great for them. It's like their own outdoor boxing ring, far enough from the house that the screams aren't piercing! I guess I let them play pretty rough, but they need it!
Speaking of rough play, this is how every Jude-Adele hug ends up. She's gonna be a tough girl!
Our great friend Dane came to see us while he was here on a layover. He's a fancy shmancy pilot these days for Skywest, so hopefully we'll get to see him now and then when he flies through. Dane was our main third wheel during my freshman year of college. (I should say our main MALE third wheel, because my roommate Lindsey was our buddy too.) It was like all the years hadn't even passed. We love him to pieces!
Matt got inspired one day when I was complaining about the dozens of spices we've collected and the limited storage space in our new kitchen. So we finally put together his dream spice rack, alphabetized and everything. I have to say, it's extremely convenient. I can find anything I need so easily now. We should have done this a long time ago. The canisters are from World Market, and the steel plate from Home Depot.
Guess who lives right here on Queen Anne, just a few blocks away?? My high school best friend, Alexe! This was the first night she came over. We had not talked or seen each other in years, but it was seriously like no time had passed. That's how you know a good friend. I'm so glad she's here to show me around and take me on girl dates whenever I need them.
And her dog, Duke, is the prettiest, softest dog there is. My kids love him, but sadly, we think Josh is allergic.
The rest of these photos are just from normal life around here. I get to munch on this beautiful face every day!
Adele still loves to watch her brothers play video games.
The boys found friends right next door! There is an eight-year-old girl with three-year-old twin brothers, and they play in the yard together at every opportunity. In the afternoons, Josh and Jude would sit there looking over the fence until someone came out to play. It was a very sad day when Josh saw a bunch of kids at their house and was just sure his friend was having a birthday party without him. There were tears.
Jude has been so tired lately, he accidentally falls asleep a few afternoons a week. I think he's growing.
Matt started reading Matilda to the kids, and they love it. They also love exploring all the new rooms in the house as potential play space, including my bed.
One day, Matt came home from work early, so we decided to hurry and meet a friend at the Ballard locks. It's a cool canal area where the boats have to transition between sea level and the lake level, so it's like a giant water staircase. Unfortunately, by the time we got there it was really foggy, dark, and cold, like a scene from a horror movie. So we ran around for a few minutes and went back home. We'll try again on a sunny day when the locks are actually in use.
And to finally wrap up the month of January, I leave you with this adorable naked baby in a sink.
No comments:
Post a Comment