Thursday, January 14, 2010

I hope there's a Disneyland in Heaven

Part of our Christmas vacation this year with the Snow family was a 2-day trip to Disneyland and California Adventure! Matt's parents rented an enormous, roomy van for the six hour trip (necessary for the comfort and sanity of their super tall offspring), and our hotel was just a short walk from the parks. The weather was nice, the lines weren't bad, and the company was better than ever! We even wore matching colors so we wouldn't lose each other. So precious!


For some reason, this trip was crazy exciting for me! I felt like I was six years old again with my Snow White T-shirt, plastic pink visor, and fanny pack full of snacks and sunblock. Both times, I was positively giddy! (That's me on the left. I can't believe I found this picture!)

Matt's parents were so wonderful to take Josh around with them all day. It was such a nice break for me to run around with the other kids without anything/anyone to slow me down! (Sorry Josh, I can't think of a nicer way to say that. You know I love you!) Here they are at one of Grandpa's favorite Disney attractions: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.


Grandma and Grandpa also took Josh on Pirates of the Caribbean, which was too dark and scary for me as a little girl. Apparently, Josh loved it...


...just not enough to stay awake through the end. Luckily, we were so close to the hotel that Josh was able to go back for nap time. Once again, grandparents are the best!


Here's our picture from Space Mountain, my all-time favorite Disneyland ride! Funny how we were all closing our eyes for the camera. I can't figure out why, unless the flash blinded us. It kinda makes us look like wussies.


Our first ride of the day was actually Indiana Jones because I had never been on it before. (That's another ride I was too scared to do when I was six.) Loved it! Here we are standing in line pumped up with excitement!


The Snow Siblings!
Michelle ~ Andrew ~ Stephanie ~ Matt


The Snow Sisters!
(Question...Is it still cool to make peace signs for pictures? I'm pretty sure that if I've caught on, its time has passed.)


Outside of Splash Mountain. This is how scared we were!


Mostly because it was still morning and the wind was going to be very chilly on our wet clothes.


Gettin' a little friendly with Mr. Toad...


...Matt was enraged with jealousy. I didn't mind that at all.


We made a visit to Toon Town for the sweet photo ops.


The castle was beautiful all decorated for winter!


The next day, we hit up California Adventure. The favorites there were The Tower of Terror, Screamin', and Soarin' Over California. Grandpa was nice enough to take Josh on the spinning lady bugs at the risk of losing his lunch.


We ate at IHOP before the ride home. Andrew won the sympathy of our waitress for having a yucky-feeling tummy after the jerky rides. She even gave him some Sprite and saltines. On the house. Yeah. Doesn't that just scream "love at first sight"?! That's what everyone seemed to think. It was a fun little fantasy. (**Note: The woman in the picture is NOT the waitress. That's his dear mother. Although I'm sure she would've given him free soda and crackers too.)



All in all, it was a most wonderful trip! Family time is the best part of holidays! In my opinion, Christmas money could be spent on trips like this every year instead of presents and I would be perfectly happy!

Afterword:
I'm editing this post because I forgot to mention a memorable part of our Disneyland experience. When we were standing in line for the Matterhorn watching people board the ride, I saw that people had the option to couple up and ride in the same seat almost lap-style. Upon observing which couples decided to get all snuggly and which ones preferred to each have their own car, Matt said something semi-romantic (for him):

"Goal in life: Never get too fat to ride the Matterhorn with my wife in the same seat."

Isn't that sweet? (And just the tiniest bit insensitive?) Now whenever he thinks he wants a third serving of something at dinner, I'll only have to say one word -- Matterhorn. :)

4 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun! I didn't even know there was a Mr. Lincoln attraction at Disneyland, but I'm not surprised its Uncle Murray's favorite.

Carina said...

Oh you are too clever and witty. I always enjoy reading your posts.

I think that you guys win the most adventurous Christmas break award. I can't believe all that you got in! I mean DISNEYLAND? Honestly!

Vanessa said...

I've never been to Disneyland. I'm very yealous! I loved all your pics though. You and Matt are so cute. I always try to get Sam to take fun, posed pictures with me and it usually ends up me looking like a dufus while he looks like Mr. Scrooge. ANYWAY, so glad you had fun!

Oh, and Matt's one sister looks so TALL! Like, as tall as the boys! Wow!

The Conquistador of Chaos said...

Saltines are tasty. So is being loved by strangers.