Sunday, November 07, 2010

Let the wild rumpus begin!!!

We're having another BOY!!! Matt is so proud of his forceful Y chromosome, he did a little dance in the ultrasound room. He's confident that this is what our family will look like in another few years.
Animals Boys are so much fun! I can't wait for Josh to have a little brother to wrestle with! He's been saying it's a baby boy named "Baby Boy" the whole time, but when we told him he was right, he gave a really excited, wide-eyed, open-mouthed GASP! I'm still not sure if he understands what is really happening, but I'm glad he's excited.

On the other hand, I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with all the girl stuff I made this summer, in my impatience to get pregnant.
Or what I'm going to do with the girl stuff my mother and mother-in-law already sent in the mail a few months ago. Or with the girly quilt my sister already started. It seems like everyone just knew this was going to be a girl! Sorry everyone...I was wrong too.

I am very happy to be wrong though! A boy is going to be so so so perfect for our situation, when we don't really have the money or space for a bunch of new baby stuff in girly colors anyway, and Josh will finally get a rough little playmate. Plus, I already know how to be a boy's mom, so no worries there.

Interestingly enough, many of the names we were considering for Josh have lost our interest, so we're kind of starting from scratch again. Today, however, I'm seriously considering "Chester" in honor of the Cheetos mascot. No snack food has ever tasted so good to me, nor seriously tempted me to break the Sabbath in order to find MORE! And usually I don't even like Cheetos, so I'm sure this craving is straight from the baby. Really though -- if he comes out orange or wearing sunglasses, Chester it is!


Stay tuned for Man-fest 2010! (If you'd like a little recap, see Matt's post from Man-fest 2008.)

8 comments:

Amy said...

I was right! Congrats you guys. I craved Cheetos too. So weird.

Snowfam said...

Note the size of Chester's feet and head-perfect fit!

Jody said...

Yippee! Congratulations! Love hearing the pregnancy updates. Keep 'em coming!

Carina said...

Hahaha! You're not only talented and crafty...you're amazingly witty. :) I am definitely voting for Chester from here on out.

Yay for another Snow boy! Can't wait to see this little guy in person.

Mike and Melissa said...

Those girl outfits and quilt r so dang cute! I love hem! I'm gonna have to try making some. Except everyone I know that's prego is having a boy. I'm excited for another snow boy though! I did face painting at our church Halloween party too... With the same paint set it looks like! It was really fun! Love you! Can't wait to see you all for Christmas. Your belly is cute...but I still need to see a profile shot! Xoxo

Amber said...

If I were having a girl, I'd know someone you could donate those lovelies too. : )

Chester is perfect. I had cheetos for the first time in years and man, i did a number on the bag.

So excited for baby boy #2. He will be in good company.

Bridget said...

Mimi,
I cannot even tell you how stink'n cute those little dresses are!!!!
Your package came today and I saw it the same time that Dane did. He told me that it was going to be a surprise, but wanted me to open it tonight. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.
Thank you sooooo much!

Littleshortstacks said...

Congrats! How exciting! I don't know what it's like to be the mother of a boy...but I do know what it's like to be a mom to two of the same sex...and it's great! My girls play so well together and I'd guess your boys will do the same!

Hang on to all those cute projects my friend, I bet they'll come in handy one day!

I'll be interested to hear what you decide for a name. We think boys names are even harder than girls-and we struggled naming our girls!