Friday, February 25, 2011

Clarification

Hey everyone. Thanks for reading my last long rambling whiny post. I appreciate the comments and the sympathy and the encouragement. It helps to know I'm not the only one who feels the way I do.

BUT...

I'm afraid I was slightly misinterpreted. Maybe writing my crazy feelings in the middle of the night isn't such a good idea. I think my husband's tender little heart was hurt when he read about the harsh thoughts that live in my brain. I didn't mean for that post to be a slam on him. Really it was just to portray how insane I am sometimes and how pregnancy affects me so negatively in the last few weeks before delivery.

It's important that EVERYONE knows that I have the most supportive, wonderful, helpful, husband in the whole world. He would never say anything to intentionally hurt my feelings. I don't blame him for making comments that I act ultra-sensitive to when he's mostly asleep. Sometimes I just need to write to vent a little. It makes me feel better, but it makes me sick that it was kind of at my husband's expense.

Matt rubs my gross swollen feet every single day. He does most of the grocery shopping and makes more meals for us than I do. He constantly asks what he can do to help and to make my life easier. He spends most of his free time wrestling with Josh to drain that two-year-old energy so it won't be released on me. He puts Josh to bed every single night that he's home. He gets really excited any time he feels the baby move. He lets me sleep in or nap at every opportunity. He carries me through everything. I could never be as happily married to anyone else. He loves me almost too much. He is perfect for me, and sometimes I don't deserve him.

So don't hate him. And don't barf at my mushiness. It's all true.

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Haha-
I totally get it when you post something and start to get responses and youre like "whoa whoa whoa! I didn't mean THAT!"

But no need for clarification sista! We've all seen matt in action!

I did like reading this cute post, though.

And that romance novel picture! Don't get me started!

Littleshortstacks said...

Let's be honest here...for a pregnant (9months at that!) woman, you were quite tame and actually kinda nice when talking about Matt. Anyone who knows Matt (or you) knows he's an amazing, stand-up husband/father/man. Your post came across as an honest description of what it's really like to be pregnant. Not as a rant about your husband. I think my husband is pretty awesome, but I've had the same thoughts about him (while pregnant) as you described about Matt!?!
Hang in there! And Matt, I promise your wife will return shortly...(my dad says that when my mom was pregnant it was like he was married to a whole different person)