Friday, May 27, 2011

House Progress


Early last week, we took a little trip up to Midland to check on our house and make some more decisions about interior materials (cabinets, counter tops, tile, carpet, lighting, wood flooring, plumbing fixtures, etc.). It was awesome. So so cool to think that last Fall we drew a floor plan on a piece of notebook paper, and it has evolved and materialized into this!


There will be two columns in the front there.

The north side of the house, looking into the master suite and showing the wells to the basement windows.

While we were there, they finished up with all the drywall. Here is a look at the great room, looking out to the backyard. There will be built in shelves on either side of the fireplace.


Matt standing where the dining table will go; me taking picture from the hallway leading to the kids' rooms; the future kitchen island between us.

Camera looking into the great room from Matt's little office.

View from the front door. Music room/library to the right. Staircase to the left leading to the basement.

The windowed part of our basement, full of water for now. We plan to finish the basement in five years or so. We don't need the space yet (or have the extra cash). 

Our car is parked where our driveway will be. This was taken looking out from one of the kid bedrooms.

This is what you see a quarter turn to the left of the last picture. Or looking out the front door. A lot of these trees are pretty dead at the bottom, so I'm sure we won't keep all of them, but here's what it looks like for now.


Our closest neighbors (for the time being...lots of new homes going up around our neighborhood).

Our backyard, looking out the back doors off the great room. I think the property line is that pile where you see the dust rising. Somewhere around there.

Our property line to the south is where that dirt starts. Those lots haven't been bought yet.

A quarter turn to the right of that last picture.
  
Here is the granite we'll probably put in the kitchen. It has little spots of gray and purple in it. The cabinetry will be really dark (sasparilla) with chrome/polished silver hardware. I didn't take pictures of any of the other materials or samples, but hopefully this gives you an idea.

And here is a baby we found laying on the bed in our hotel room. I think we'll keep him.

7 comments:

E B said...

So, so cool! That's really neat you could design it and see it built before your very eyes. I love built in bookshelves.

Carina said...

Awesome!!! I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. So so so exciting!

Christina Satu said...

HUGE house! lucky lucky! Looks beautiful.

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you guys. Your house looks really amazing. Hooray for space for your kids to run around!

Vanessa said...

Hahahahaha I laughed out loud about Jude!

Oh my freaking goodness mims, that house is AWESOME! Even more awesome than I imagined! And your lot with all those trees!??? I am dumbfounded! And jealous! And a little turned on...

So so so so so excited for you!

Jody said...

How fun! It's looking great and I can't wait to see more updates!

Littleshortstacks said...

Lookin' awesome! Congrats on the house...and on the end of business school!