May had a LOT of birthdays for our little group of friends. It started out with Lincoln's, which I posted about a few days ago. Then that weekend, I made a cake for a friend whose son was turning nine. I was pretty happy with how it turned out, even though Mario melted a little on top there.
Then there was little Leah's 3rd birthday. That's right, Josh is in love with a slightly older woman.
Lindsay's birthday was the 27th, and we had a girl's night out as usual. This is the night we discovered Pizza Capri, and I think it's not too dramatic to say that our lives changed forever!
The server handed over a lighter and this HUGE knife so we could cut our cake. Good thing none of us were psycho or anything...
Vanessa's birthday was a week earlier. We have no pictures of that girl's night, but here is the birthday girl snuggled up with her Leah on a bizarrely foggy afternoon at the park.
I saw this tree and couldn't resist. It was perfect for climbing.
These are the "tigers" that were growling at me from below. I think I was a monkey that they chased up a tree?
Why is throwing rocks so much fun for kids?
Not sure I need to say much about these next pictures. Even though it looks like I'm about to have my soul sucked out by a Dementor, it's actually just Matt trying to be dramatic and romantic.
How many business school students does it take to start a campfire?
While everyone else brought real campfire food like hot dogs, we brought frozen empanadas, which we baked tin-foil-dinner-style, and chicken nuggets, which we roasted on a stick. Best way to eat them, by the way.
I think the best way to convey the magic of the evening is to post a series of photos. (That's what I say when I don't have enough energy to finish a post in any kind of clever way.) Take what you will from them.
There were no volleyball pictures taken, so I'll go ahead and tell you that there were some serious skills busted out in the pepper circle. So good that we had to start making up our own rules to keep it challenging. Well...maybe it was more about fun and group participation than skills, but it was really really fun. Yes, I'd say our greatest skills were in the "having fun" category.
Don't worry, there was yet another birthday bash in June, so if you're not sick of these posts yet, you will be soon.








1 comment:
I hope we will be neighbors one day... that way you can show me how to make awesome cakes. Seriously you've got talent!
Post a Comment