(I thought I posted this on Monday, but I guess I never pressed Publish. Sorry, just pretend I did. These are my thoughts and feelings a few days ago.)
So, in case you didn't hear me shouting it from Facebook and Instagram a few months ago, we're having a GIRL!!!! In nine days (or less)!!!
Here's proof from October, if you're one of those gifted people who can actually read ultrasound pictures:
Just imagine that little lumpy thing with a bow on her head. We actually had a few more ultrasounds after that for possible placenta issues, and were able to confirm the gender each time, so I'm feeling pretty confident about the wads of baby girl stuff I've collected thus far.
I also started working on wall decorations and bedding for her little nursery. You've already seen the bedding, but here are some paintings:
(EDITORS NOTE -- Matt, for those who aren't aware of who the editor is. Mimi PAINTED these herself. Wanted a specific color scheme, and then created stuff that fit her theme. My wife is amazing.)
And I started experimenting with headbands and hair bows to match little girly dresses.
A few weeks ago, my way-too-nice friends threw me a baby shower and spoiled me rotten! I felt so extremely loved!
I mean just look at that CAKE!
So yeah, my baby is almost here. Nine days until the scheduled c-section. I'm hoping to make it that long simply because it would be hard to get my mom out here from California any earlier. But honestly, I'm SO ready, and my body knows it. It's contracting like crazy every night and not letting me sleep. It makes the waiting twice as hard when my waking hours are twice as long.
I have finally collected all the baby clothes I think I'll need for a while. Diapers have been bought. Car seat, bouncer, stroller, boppy, diaper bag, bottles, and all such baby equipment is washed and ready.
The freezer is stocked with meals for the crazy days after grandparents leave. Primary is prepped for my absence. Piano lesson schedules are set for a six week break. Closets have been cleaned out and organized.
And my proudest feat as of late, Jude is safely potty trained! My boys want to wrestle with me again and stop treating me like a china doll. We're all ready for me to get back my strength and usefulness around here.
We're just READY! Come on, baby girl. If I'm not going to get any sleep at night anyway, I'd rather have you here to snuggle while I suffer!





.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment